Forum

Author Topic: Can't Build Dense Cloud Error  (Read 2600 times)

whatsarobut

• View Profile
Can't Build Dense Cloud Error
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
Hi all,
Can anyone give any insight as to why this error may occur? 

Background:  I took 20 photos of my Mazda 3, just to play around with the program and see if I could make a model.  I am running into a number of issues:

1. Not all photos are being aligned. I can only align 2-3 photos at a time.  The overlap between pics looks decent enough.

2. Can't Build a Dence Cloud.  I tried to run the Dense cloud tool on the 2-3 photos that aligned, and got this error.  Does anyone have any ideas why this happens if the photos align correctly?

Thanks.

nadar

• View Profile
Re: Can't Build Dense Cloud Error
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »
1)
A car is probably one of the most difficult object to scan, because of reflective surfaces (windscreen, glasses, etc.) and poorly textured surfaces (most of the metal body). You will get better results on a (very) dirty car, covered by mud. Alternatively, you can cover it with powder, confetti, or anything to generate some reference points (and to mask reflections).
Usually, tyres are very well rendered.

2)
20 images around an object is probably not enough. I would recommend about 50 around 360°, and if possible, more than one circle around (say one at ground level, one at 1m heigth and one at 2m).

charles14

• View Profile
Re: Can't Build Dense Cloud Error
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
hi whatsarobut

can you check you PS apps if that is 32 bit or 64 bit somtime i have like the problem but i solve it becuase
my PS apps is only 32bit thats why can align the photos..

can use 64 bit for solve this problem.. :)

Cheers.!

Charles
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:13:16 PM by charles14 »