Forum

Author Topic: PS 1.1.4 build 2021 problems  (Read 6206 times)

Bu

• View Profile
PS 1.1.4 build 2021 problems
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »
Hi everybody,

I've got some problems with last build:

1. It's imposible to Change path for all selected cameras - path changes only for firs camera from selection. In previous buld 1.1.3 path changing works better (becouse it works :), but you need apply it twice - it doesn't work at firs time.

2. Second problem is not the problem of last build' but it's just a problem: after chunk merging (i merge chunks with dense clouds) i've got a chunk without dense cloud.

3. I try to use this http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Split_in_chunks.py script, but it works not very good:
     a. Not each newly created chunk contains dense cloud - some chunks are empty. Why?
     b. Auto merging at the end of the script working creates new empty chunk without dense cloud.

Help me solve my problems, please.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: PS 1.1.4 build 2021 problems
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »
Hello Bu,

1. Note that change path feature is case sensitive, so if the path saved in the project file for image is something like *.JPG, the images in the new folder should also have upper case extension and not .jpg.

2. Are you using Merge Dense Cloud option? I've just tried to reproduce the problem, but dense clouds are correctly merged.

3. Could you please provide a screenshot of the Workspace pane for the project you are working with (so that we can see expanded chunk contents like tie-points, dense cloud and etc.) and the parameters you are using for the script (a screenshot of the script dialog box).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
Alexey, thankyou for so quik reply.

1. Maybe path changing is casesensytiv, but in 1.1.4 it works perfect for single images while for multiple images seems it doesn,t work in general. My different sets of images realy had extensions in different cases, but when i unified case, nothing changed - on my PCs in 1.1.4 path changing works only for single image (first image from selection).
  In 1.1.3 path changing works perfect.

2. Merging sample shown in attached images.

Bu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »
Here my attempt to use Split_in_chunks.py script in auto merging mode.

Bu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »
And here i try to merge back  chunks splited by script with different options. As you can see, script realy created dense clouds in splited chunks (let's forget at this time about empty chunk i described before), but i can't merge them back (.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »
Hello Bu,

1. Maybe can then send the project file (you can remove dense cloud, mesh and depth maps to reduce the file size) and a couple of source images with the screenshot of the corresponding folder contents to support@agisoft.com?

2. Regarding merging operation - you are trying to merge chunks that are not aligned with each other, so it wouldn't work. Chunks should be aligned at first or referenced in the same coordinate space.

3. The same problem for the script, but you can solve it by aligning the chunks based on the cameras. Alternatively I can suggest to type the following line to the console pane before using the script:
Code: [Select]
PhotoScan.app.document.chunk.transform.matrix = PhotoScan.app.document.chunk.transform.matrix
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:06:30 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:34 PM »
Maybe i do something not corectly - I'll check it tomorrow, but auto merging in script options doesn't work.

Thankyou for your time!

Bu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 11:08:28 PM »
After some tests i must say that path changing really works - it's really case sensitive and my mistake was that I selected ALL images in set and tried to change path.

Script work differently - sometimes it works perfect (all subchunks contains dense cloud and merged cloud looks good), but sometimes there is no dense cloud in some subchunks or merged dense cloud looks worse than dense cloud calculated without spliting. I'll post some pictures about later.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 12:40:17 AM »
Hello Bu,

Only aligned / referenced chunks can be merged, so your original chunk should be referenced before the script is started, or you can implement camera based chunk alignment operation to the script before merging.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC