Forum

Author Topic: Texture Export question  (Read 3827 times)

fnordcorps

• View Profile
Texture Export question
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:11 AM »
Hi, fairly new to photoscan and cant seem to find answers here on the forum.

I was wondering why when I export a meshed model from photoscan (using FBX/png export into 3dsmax) I seem to get a huge drop in quality compared to what I am seeing in photoscan preview.  The textures seem to be a lot lower quality.  I was wondering what are good export settings to use to get a similar quality in 3dsmax to what I am seeing in the photoscan version. I have tried obj/3ds with different texture formats and get the same result.

The scan was done with 50 images, dense point cloud. medium quality with 4k texture.

Attached are examples of the photoscan vs 3dsmax render. Thanks in advance

uuderzo

• View Profile
Re: Texture Export question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »
May be due to different material settings and lighting on the 3d mesh? The 3dmax render has high specularity and this shows the mesh roughness, maybe hiding texture details.
Umberto

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
your model is causing this>>

switch to shaded view in Pscan... same thing.. what you see is a Bumpy model.. that has nothing to do with the texture..

f/

akemono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »
Just adjust your max materials. If your using the standard material set it to 100% Self-Illuminating. This should fix the problem your having.

fnordcorps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Thanks for that, changing the self-illumination sorted it out. also setting the specular level to zero gets rid of the highlights in the bumps on the mesh