Forum

Author Topic: please work with these guys...  (Read 7527 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
please work with these guys...
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »
Euclideon Geoverse 2013: https://youtu.be/Irf-HJ4fBls

bigben

• View Profile
Re: please work with these guys...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 03:03:58 PM »
It's basically a file format conversion from fairly standard formats.  "Currently the following formats are accepted: UDS, OBJ, BIN, e57, LAS, LAZ, FLS, PTS, PLY, PTX, XYB XYZ/TXT and LlargBin."
http://www.euclideon.com/products/converter/

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
Thanks a lot,

You've opened my eyes. I was really impressed with the youtube video. I'll contact those guys to see how it really works.

Best regards,
Darko

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »
I did it!!
Have received my trial licence for Geoverse. From the largest PS project I have extracted Dense Point Cloud in LAS format. It took me just couple of minutes, the file was loaded into the Geoverse Convert in a moment and in two minutes it was converted...

It's TRUE, it works as if there is nothing but the air. Extremly fast and it would be great idea to use it together with the Point Clouds created from the street Lidar.

This is my first day of examination of that Software.. I'll give you better report in  few days.

Best regards,
Darko Car

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »
I did it!!
Have received my trial licence for Geoverse.

Darko, how did you contact Euclideon? The link on their website didn't work for me so i emailed but still haven't heard anything a couple of days later...

How's the trial going?

James

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
Hi James,

You are right, something is wrong with their web site or Euclideon itself. Meixner Imaging has continued their development and I have asked them for the trial version and there was no problem. So, go to the :
http://meixnerimaging.com/
and ask them for the trial.

The Geoverse is working as promissed. Nice, smooth and it is making really small files. For example from the PS I have exported dense point cloud with the 300 milion points into the LAS format that was done within two minutes but it was huge.... 7GB. Conversion took 2 minutes only and the resulting UDS file was 308Mb only.. It is very easy to get used to it. I still don't know what is the price.
You can read the coordinates for any point and make distance measurements.. That would satisfy many users.

Just a note, in the conversion process specify the REAL resolution of your Dense Cloud (HIGH = 2x ground resolution)

Best regrds,
Darko Car
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:30:03 PM by Darko »

James

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
Thanks for that! It sounds amazing, I am waiting to here back from those guys now!

Sent you a PM too.

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:41:45 AM »
interesting... I'd like to see the results

James

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
Me too, still waiting for my trial! Meixner couldn't provide a trial license as Euclideon said they'd already given me one, but i never got it. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it between them...

To be honest i was more interested in using euclideon solidscan with photoscan pointclouds, but it turns out that only currently works with raw files from certain hds laser scanners. Geoverse seems less exciting, but if i ever get a trial license i will certainly be able to find some huge datasets to throw at it (once i find a way to export them out of leica cyclone that doesn't take an age!)