Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to create basic geometry in instances of scan-resistant surfaces?  (Read 4177 times)

Integr8d

• View Profile
More detail in video. Thank you...

https://youtu.be/topVq89Fo5w

bigben

• View Profile
The point cloud creation process only works with points, not planes.

You're options include:
Hole filling/editing the mesh either in Photoscan or an external program.. remeshing or retopology
Making the surface more amenable to photogrammetry (e.g. dusting with powder/ matte spray)

Integr8d

• View Profile
I thought about dulling spray. But it's a mess (and a mess to clean). Much easier would be to create geometry in the photos (in a way, also masking that area of photos to be ignored!) have the rest processed as DSM and then rejoined as a mesh. Very quick operation for areas like this, windows, etc...

bigben

• View Profile
Except SFM doesn't work like that. You could try to retopolgise in another application like 3DCoat and then re-import for texture.

Magnus

• View Profile
Hello!

I can really recommend that you try using noise projection if you have access to a projector.

We use it a lot for tough surfaces without inherent features that Photoscan can use for reconstruction.

You can also easily take a texture pass by changing the projected image to a black one and use flash or other lightsource.

I've attached an image as an example. It is of a polished mens shoe which was completely shiny and should be quite similar to the tiles and sink in your example except being black in colour.

Best, Magnus.

Mike25660

• View Profile
Hello!

I can really recommend that you try using noise projection if you have access to a projector.

You can also easily take a texture pass by changing the projected image to a black one and use flash or other lightsource.

Best, Magnus.

Magnus,

Can you provide more details about how you do these things? Thanks