Forum

Author Topic: Way to make visualization of large projects faster  (Read 2573 times)

jochemla

• View Profile
Way to make visualization of large projects faster
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

Here is an idea to make visualization faster. I am often using textured mode to view the results of teh full processing chain.

Once the textures are loaded (this step might take some time, when loading several texture files of 4096x4096 for each chunk), I can see the results for a viewpoint, they are really nice (thanks PhotoScan), but I am not able to move in the scene - trying to move the viewpoint shows lags.

So I was thinking it would be a nice feature to be able to choose (from the preferences dialog for example) to de-activate the texture view when moving the viewpoint. If this option was enabled, this would switch for example to the sparse colored point cloud when moving the point cloud (at mouse clic, mouse-wheel and so on).

Thanks again for the good work,

Jonathan

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
Re: Way to make visualization of large projects faster
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
Hi Jonathan,

Have you ever tried to "File -> Export Model -> Export Tiles". Use default values and do it over night. Use the Agisoft Viewer to browse this model. This can be done right after the Dense Cloud generation.

Best regards,
Darko Car