Forum

Author Topic: Satellite Image WV3 - Working with PS?  (Read 3925 times)

Mohabon

• View Profile
Satellite Image WV3 - Working with PS?
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:29:36 PM »
Hello,

anyone knows if PS Pro is able to process the new 30 cm resolution
DigitalGlobe WorldView-3 Stereo Satellite Photos? We have a 240 sqKm area to investigate and get a DTM.

There are some articles showing very good results in DTM generation with those photos.

Placing GCPs is not a problem, but if PS pro does not align the images, then our University will waste a lot of money!

Is there anyone that already worked in such a scenario, please let me know or PM me.

Thanks and kind regards,

MC

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: Satellite Image WV3 - Working with PS?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »
should go, try with say 10-15 imgs.... if need help contact me over PM

what resolution have  image ??
----------------
www.mhb.sk

StevenF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
WV3 is a line scanning / pushbroom sensor. The imaging geometry is different from a frame sensor such as a digital camera. 

I don't think photoscan would be able to solve for sensor location because the sensor is constantly moving as it collects each line of data. The lens geometry is also completely different than a frame camera. Usually you need to work with software that can handle Rational Polynomial Coefficients (RPCs) which are delivered with the images and provide a simple approximation of satellite ephemeris and the optics. Or you need to use software that has a rigorous sensor model which can handle actual sensor parameters rather than an equation that approximates it.

I would be extremely surprised if WV3 worked in PhotoScan which is only designed to handle frame images, but if you can get some sample images then by all means give it a shot.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »
could down something from their database, but mostly there are just 2 images https://www.dropbox.com/s/34o13dt37bekyv2/Screenshot%202015-04-17%2017.21.46.png?dl=0

but if someone have more than 2 images from pushbroom camera can share it with me ? want test few settings if and how to align and recon it...
----------------
www.mhb.sk