Forum

Author Topic: Problem with workflow getting point cloud from agisoft to 3ds max, Help please!  (Read 4429 times)

bmc130

• View Profile
Hi!

I have generated a dense point cloud data in Agisoft and wanted to get the point cloud into 3DsMax 2015. 3DsMax only reads rcp files which Agisoft dont export to. So my work around to solve this is to export the dense cloud from agisoft in las or txt files and import them into Autodesk Recap.

From Recap I save my file to rcp format and import the cloud in 3DsMax, all good so far..but after working with the file in 3dsMax and import the mesh in agisoft I notice that some where on the way the scale and rotations are completely off and doesn't match up any more!

I havent figured out if it's Agisoft doing something with scale and rotation when exporting the dense cloud to las and txt files or, more likely, recap that mess things up when importing the cloud.

Is there anyone here that can help me solve this issue or if you know any other way or software to get my files in to 3DsMax rcp format??

alexbevan

• View Profile
It looks like no one has chimed in on this did you ever figure out what is wrong?

The usual workflow would be to export your point cloud to a .las or .pts file formate then import into Recap and generate and .rcp or .rcs file like you are doing. Generally, when you import a point cloud into Recap it will keep the same coordinates as the original file. However, when you export from Agisoft make sure you are exporting the point cloud with local coordinates and not gsm84. I know a .pts file cannot handle gsm84. All of your points will be in a single line. I do not know what a .las will do.

I hope this helps.