Forum

Author Topic: ! Huge project, need tie point to be really removed !  (Read 3815 times)

adrien_gbx

• View Profile
! Huge project, need tie point to be really removed !
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm using photoscan to handle an heavy dataset of  more than 5000 Vexcel aerial images (700 Mo). The alignment step is performed within a single project and the dense cloud step is performed through the use of a moving bounding box of 2*2 km.

After the dense cloud generation (at the scale of an individual tile of 2*2 km), I want to save the dense cloud and the tiled project. This allows me to perform some postprocess checks or process (orthophoto generation, troubleshooting, ...)

My problem is that I can't find a method to save only the tie point which are located within the tiled bounding box.
I have more 5000 tiled bounding box and I can't save the entire sparse cloud because the amount will represent more than 5 To !

I want to "physically" remove tie point using the python scripting. I do know the .valid command but this one doesn't really remove them. Tie points are just disabled but not really removed.

Someone has an idea ?

Regards,

Adrien

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: ! Huge project, need tie point to be really removed !
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
Hello Adrien,

It is not possible to remove tie-points from the project completely. In both cases (via GUI or Python) deleted points of the sparse cloud are just marked as unused (invalid).

As a workaround you can remove entire point cloud from the chunk (after generating the dense cloud) - chunk.point_cloud = None.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC