Forum

Author Topic: Split pointcloud/mesh in equal parts  (Read 13006 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Split pointcloud/mesh in equal parts
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »
Hello excalibur,

When you type in

PhotoScan.app.version

the output should be the following, for example:
'1.1.5'

Do you have that?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

excalibur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »
Hi,

I am sorry for late response.

About your question. Nothing happens. Weird thing is that i tried same script back home on my mac (running os 10.10.3) and latest version of Photoscan pro. Works like a charm. So I think problem is somewhere else. But so far I have no idea where the problem is. :o :)

excalibur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »
UPDATE:

I tried on different machines with windows installed - script does not work. On mac script works like a charm. I am using windows 8.1. Can this be a problem? Which windows are you using.

thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 12:26:21 PM »
Hello excalibur,

Just checked it on Windows 8.1 - the script worked.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

excalibur

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »
Looks like I had to reinstall Agisoft and clean register and so on.. works now :D

excalibur

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »
It me again :)

this is a question to everyone :)

I did some test with script from wiki. Now I have a problem/looking for solution, since I am doing fully automated process for one of my needs...

With script, I got 9 chunks and 9 meshes instead of one big mesh.  As I understand script does the following:

1. Makes multiple chunks (my case 9) with aligned photos based on first chunk with all photos in it and all of them are aligned
2. Makes Pointcloud data inside of region box
3. Makes mesh based on pointcloud data from previous stage
4. Makes texture for mesh.

Problem: If you combine (open) meshes in for example Autodesk Maya you can see some holes (look at the picture)

I understand why we get this problem. But question is. Is there any way in Agisoft to do this a bit different to remove this problem. My thoughts were:

1. Import photos
2. Align photos
3. Make dense pointcloud
4. Make mesh from dense pointcloud
5. Make multiple chunks for example 9 (duplicate all data from original chunk: mesh) with smaller regions, like in script from wiki
6. Create texture just for part of the mesh which is inside of the bouding box. I want eacht part to have for example 4k texture
7. Important part: Export mesh but only from active region. By that I mean if you have for example mesh (from step 4) of dimension 90m*90m inside of each of 9 chunks (which are 1/9 of this area - in this case 30m*30m). In this case the active region dimensions would work like boolean and would make perfect cut. I tried this manually using Geomagic and results are epic :) I divided mesh in 9 equal part usin planes.

8. happy Excalibur :)

So, is this kind of task possible inside of Photoscan?