Forum

Author Topic: Is my .psz salvable after a blue screen of death?  (Read 5248 times)

aggieair

• View Profile
Is my .psz salvable after a blue screen of death?
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »
Every so often I get a blue screen error when I want to build Dense Clouds.  nvlddmkm.sys is the error so I think it's something with my Nvidia card that I haven't seemed to fix yet. 

Anyway, I had just added three more ground control points to my river corridor (after putting in/saved about 40!), and then I go to build Dense Cloud again (so it can incorporate the new points) and it told me "Can't Build Model".  I tried it one more time and that's when the blue screen occurred!  I had not saved the project file after adding the three last points.

After restarting the machine, it appears my .psz cannot be opened now.   The error is "Can't Open File." 

Anyway to salvage this?  Or I am going to just start all over again? Anyone else deal with this error when trying to build the point model? 

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Is my .psz salvable after a blue screen of death?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »
Hello aggieair,

Any unsaved data could not be recovered.
If the project file could not be opened you can apply Zip-fix utility to it to recover all the possible data.

Could you please also specify the hardware configuration of your computer and dense cloud generation parameters?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aggieair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I was wondering about the other 40 points that had been saved many times (not the last 3 points in particular).  I will try to apply a Zip-fix utility.

I have Windows 7, Intel Core i7 CPU, 2.80 GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-bit.

I also have a graphics card NIVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 [http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_3800_us.html] that is used for EnsoMosaic (Mosaic Mill). 

For my Build Dense Cloud parameters, I use Medium for Quality and Aggressive for Depth Filtering.  This is a ~16 mile long section of river corridor flown at 400 m AGL and 13cm pixel resolution.

Thank you!  The blue screen has happened a few times.

aggieair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »
Hello aggieair,

If the project file could not be opened you can apply Zip-fix utility to it to recover all the possible data.

Could you please also specify the hardware configuration of your computer and dense cloud generation parameters?

Alexey - any ideas?  I just lost ANOTHER day of work because of the blue screen of death crash.  I had one Agisoft running while I was trying to build dense point cloud on another.  It totally killed the other program I was running, and despite saving the file, the project file is corrupt due to the crash.  Graphics card is up to date too. 

Natfarri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
Agisoft makes bluescreen appears. So far everything was fine and up to 2 weeks is not working. When you create a model system for Win 7 falls.

Hello aggieair,

driftertravel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
You must be running out of ram or your ram is shaky, 4gb is really low for photoscan, I'm using Win10 and not having any problems... Try running memtest (free download at www.memtest86.com/) and see if your ram is causing the problem.