Forum

Author Topic: Want to buy a new turnkey full body scanning booth?  (Read 22617 times)

nwman

• View Profile
Want to buy a new turnkey full body scanning booth?
« on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:10 PM »
Hello,

To the point. I'be been working with a group that is trying to develop an actually affordable photogrammetry full body scanning booth. I'm posting to see what you guy would want it to be able to do, and how much, if anything, would you pay for something like it?

Our vision is to build a booth that:

1) People can actually afford.
2)That can scan in under 1 second.
3) That is portable in a car, and can be stored in a closet or corner when not in use.
4)That deliverers usable scans every time. 
5)Fully enclosed booth/tent with controlled lighting.

Our approach to this is to limit the booths practical purpose to what we feel is the largest market segment. The selfe/shapie 3d printed figurines. In other words, it wont need top end cameras given that the 3d sandstone printers can't reproduce the level of detail. It's sole purpose would be to scan for making 3d selfies as a stand alone business model, a makerspace/hobby use, or for companies to add to their current services.

We know there are current options available but range in the $60k-$180k+ range. And some free ones but with disadvantages (scan time, quality). We see a hole in the market for a good quality and reasonably affordable unit that will provide professional level scans that people will pay for. (Adults, children and pets)

Right now I'm only talking about the hardware side of it. We hope and plan to offer an optional cloud based 3d rendering/touch-up/printing service (using photoscan, etc.) for those who want to outsource that.

So, my questions to all of you are: (If this booth was available today.)

Would you actually order one today? (or soon)

At what price would you actually pay for it with almost no hesitation?

And what price would you still pay but reluctantly?

What reservation or questions would you have about a lower prices booth like this?

In which order would you prefer the following systems from most to least.

a)100x 5MP cameras
     b)50x 16MP cameras
     c)36x 38MP cameras
     d) Other (I'm willing to pay more for more) Please describe.

All other input is welcomes! Thank you for your thoughts!

Tim
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:43:42 PM by nwman »

nwman

• View Profile
Re: Want to buy a new turnkey full body scanning booth?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
Ok, how about this. I'll throw a few rough prices out there. Which price/design would you be interested in buying more, or none at all?

All option have all cameras and wiring professionally designed and integrated into a quick setup frame/enclosed tent with full LED lighting control.  360 of camera angles. This is hardware only and the basic software to operate the hardware and automatically compile photos into folders for each shot.

Photoscan and computer would be an additional cost.

1) $12,000 = 100x 5MP cameras. (Millisecond capture)

2) $15,000  = 60x 20MP cameras. (Millisecond capture)

Would a change in price make one of these more appealing?

Remember, this system is going for simple and affordable for the masses vs high-end CGI/video game quality ($60k and up). Better quality than Kinect type systems. We plan to keep the output quality similar to the attached samples.

Thanks for ANY input!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:48:45 PM by nwman »

3dmij

• I make raspberry pi 3d Scanners
    • View Profile
    • pi3dscan
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
these systems are already available. You can build your self (<10K cost) or but pre-made in proper frames raspberry systems from various companies (typically between 20K and 30K).

see www.pi3dscan.com

ttoke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
Nope, I wouldn't buy it.

BTW how do you imagine to get Twinkind 100+ DSLR (with flashes) quality with 60x point and shoot or 100 raspberry pie cameras?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:18:59 AM by ttoke »

3dfication

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Hi,

We are CloneMe (www.cloneme.in) from India. We cater to the figurines market in India. We have our our Projet X60, many handheld scanners and 1 C-MOS based photogrammetry rig.
We are currently looking at procuring or taking on board a consultant who can build a 25 camera or lesser photogrammetry rig using a turntable which will be very easy to transport and use.

Do let us know if you would be interested in taking up this project.
Awaiting your reply.

Best regards

Siddharth Rathod
3dfication Printing Services LLp
email: 3dfication@gmail.com

Billr5335

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »
YES, PLEASE CONTACT ME, THANK YOU: BILLR5335@GMAIL.COM  THANK YOU, BILL

mschulte@sidl.de

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:17:33 PM »
Hi there,

we can build something like that for 24000 EUR - 100 PI Cameras in a good constructed rig - mobile and adjustable
we do that with our own software and webservers on every PI

see www.3dsnapshooter.de

Greetings Mikle

pkiriakou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »
Hello,
I am in the market of buying an affordable system.
Are the systems available? do you have final prices?
Or can you built custom ones?

thanks

MeSelfie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »
Meselfie :
We are a professional in developing the 3D technologies 3D Scan based devices which are very compatible for a figurine printing to get a good quality of 3D Prints.

Some of our 3D Scan based Mobile Kiosks :
1) Smart Clone Kiosk - $ 5k
2) Spin Clone Kiosk - $6k
3) Professional Clone Kiosk - $12k
4) As per your requirement we give you the 3D solution with a reasonable prices

Support: We support you in the 3D Scanning, 3D Printing, 3D Designing, Training, Installations

Compact Mobile Kiosk : Our 3d Scan based devices are compact are moveable like plug and play to install it in a commercial places like shopping malls, cinema theaters, Photo Studios, airports, bus stops, any crowd place to get a good business

Hire a Kiosk: You can hire a 3D Kiosks for a events like Birthday Party, Marriages, Exhibitions...

For 3D kiosk systems there no need to operate any person , customers can directly interact with the kiosk its a user friendly devices, you can concentrate on 3D business we give you the all back-end support for your needs   

*Low investment with a good profits

*100% Customer satisfaction

* Order today to get a special discounts

Please visit our website for more details
http://mephoto.in/meselfie-3d-studio/

Thank You
Praveen
Mephoto.in

ricberw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 09:09:16 PM »
The Twinstant Mobile full-body scanner is also an option - it sets up in <20 minutes, fits in the back of a standard car, and starts at just $26,995.

http://web.twindom.com/

We've been building 3D scanners for >3 years now - and we've always continued to improve the hardware and software to make scanning more reliable, quicker, cheaper, and easier.

I believe we're also the only company that offers streamlined end-to-end solutions including photoset-to-model processing, retouching, and product fulfillment services (including full color models and crystals) at reasonable prices.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly - or visit our website and request more information there.