Forum

Author Topic: 2D ORTHOMOSAIC  (Read 13526 times)

sultan

• View Profile
2D ORTHOMOSAIC
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »
hello

I have 1.5 years using Agisoft and I am very disappointed with the software because there are basic things like generate a 2D orthomosaic without distortion becomes impossible, regardless of the UAS system you use

I'm using a Sensefly eBee for mapping cities (buildings, houses, vegetation etc ..) and I have NEVER using agisoft make a 2D image made this perfect without distortion mainly in buildings, houses, cars, TREES. eh I played with all settings (high mesh, low, high alignments, low) always the same and I think that is a basic function of any imaging software generate a 2D orthomosaic without distortion or a minimun, even Microsoft gallery generates better mosaics ( no georeferen)

I ask you please if anyone has some method of generating images GEOTIF without distortions in the cities make a post.

IM NO HAPPY

and developers please check this

bigben

• View Profile
Re: 2D ORTHOMOSAIC
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
Sample source images and screengrabs of problems would help identify where your problems are.

tutoss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 02:15:44 AM »
Sample source images and screengrabs of problems would help identify where your problems are.

Is not a source problem, the lack of a mosaic editor where you can define seamlines is the problem.

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:12:33 AM »
My vote for SEAMLINES editor !!!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24:32 AM »
We are currently working on the next verson (1.2) that includes additional functionality related to the orthophoto editing and inspection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 05:00:53 AM »
Hi Alexey

I think you have to change the way the software build and export the Orhtophoto. Mi suggestion is make a workflow with a basic (Alain photo + Export Mosaic) and if you want to continiun building the 3D model become to be optional (simply like that)

The thing is there is Many User all around the world that really need to get a simply 2D Mosaic but many software force to you to build a 3D Model when really you don’t need.

Please take the feeback of the user to improve the system.

nadar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
Just add the possibility to export individual orthorectified images as separate files would be fine.
Having the possibility to export as layers in Photoshop format will be perfect.
Photoshop has plenty of efficient tools to edit seams and adjust colors.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »
Hello nadar,
Just add the possibility to export individual orthorectified images as separate files would be fine.
Currently it is possible using Python (http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Export_Individual_Orthophotos.py), but in the next version we are planning to add such functionality to GUI, according to the multiple requests.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
Hi Alexey

I think you have to change the way the software build and export the Orhtophoto. Mi suggestion is make a workflow with a basic (Alain photo + Export Mosaic) and if you want to continiun building the 3D model become to be optional (simply like that)

The thing is there is Many User all around the world that really need to get a simply 2D Mosaic but many software force to you to build a 3D Model when really you don’t need.

Please take the feeback of the user to improve the system.
Then you need to look further for different software.
Photoscan is photogrammetry software for the purpose of creating 3D models of 2D images. If you just want to mosaic a set of images to a single Orthomosaic, there's different software for that.

And please improve your typing if you want to be taken seriously..

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
In principle, fast orthophoto generation can be performed based on the mesh generated from the sparse cloud, but there could be some artifacts due to inaccurate geometry and big polygons.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
stihl

I think that is not the right way from you to treat a problem from a user who is providing solutions to improve the software your use.

The basic principles of any software of photogrammetry is to generate 3D models and 2D images but if the software cannot generate 2D quality images then it is not an efficient software and its not doing what it is designed for . so if you cannot doing what you offer them report that to the user and with that information the potential client will take a choice  to buy or not.

I think the software is good and could be improved with the help of users to express their views.

Attached a picture of the problem.

Apology for the bad spelling, English is not my native language
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:50:32 PM by sultan »

nadar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »
Hello nadar,
Currently it is possible using Python (http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Export_Individual_Orthophotos.py), but in the next version we are planning to add such functionality to GUI, according to the multiple requests.

Hello Alexey

Thanks for the link.
I tried the following:
copy the whole code (323 lines, from "#Batch export of orthophotos...." to "PhotoScan.app.addMenuItem("Custom/Export individual orthophotos", main)")
Saved it with .PY extension
Open in tools/run script, no argument
Run....
and nothinh happens.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
Hello nadar,

Script adds new custom menu element, so you need to run the process from Custom Menu.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nadar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
This works perfectly.
I can import individual orthps to Photoshop (using Anenza Geographic Imager plugin) and can edit smooth and progressive seamlines as I want.
Thanks a lot