Forum

Author Topic: Align Photos and number of points very low compared to same site 2 months back  (Read 2363 times)

Bing66

• View Profile
Hi
At a bit of a loss, I conducted an aerial survey about 2 months ago of an area of sand dunes, ( 13hectares) I have all these files to look back on, the initial align photo's produced a point cloud of 230,000 points, followed by a dense cloud of 33 million points.
This week I revisited the site to survey again, exactly the same process and same area, same camera and platform, but since the first survey, i have updated agisoft twice, the last just before this project. I am only creating 21000 points now when aligning photos and only 20million as a dense cloud, as far as I am aware all photoscan settings are the same. My main problem lies in geo referencing, as when I have optimised it after inputting all the GCP's the cloud does not leave me many points to remove  in gradual selectionin  order to create a more accurate model. Can anyone shed any light on this
thanks in advance
 :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello AlanRoberts,

To increase the number of points in the sparse cloud you can raise the tie-point limit in the Align Photos dialog.

The number of points in the dense cloud mostly depend on the number of images, overlap and quality selected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bing66

• View Profile
Many Thanks
Will increase that number, ans see what happens
thanks
Alan