Forum

Author Topic: Export of model as dxf and 3ds unexpected problem  (Read 3387 times)

ChrisF

• View Profile
Export of model as dxf and 3ds unexpected problem
« on: May 30, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
Hi,

I am running the current version of photoscan on a mac, and am having the following issue with each model that I produce.

The models are being completed in photoscan and in the application they complete and the results are looking really good, however when I try to export the models as a dxf or 3ds file and subsequently import the models into sketchup or autocad the models fail to import correctly.

The results look like there is a stray point a long way from the rest of the models making the model appear as a single line in either sketchup or autocad.

I am exporting the models using the wgs84 coordinate system.

When I use local coordinates the models are import and display correctly, however they loose the georeferences.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make this work as expected?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:21:07 PM by ChrisF »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export of model as dxf and 3ds unexpected problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:01:31 PM »
Hello ChrisF,

The mentioned 3D model format do not store any information about the geographic coordinate system and system units. So the view application that you are using are treating degree units as linear units.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ChrisF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thank you.

Do any of the model export formats support georeferencing? I have had a look at the file formats and the descriptive information I have found from wikipedia would suggest that this in not supported by the model export file formats.

Thanks
Chris

Majaa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
Hi Chris,

I have exported georeferenced model. It has worked. I dont know why dont you get georeferenced. And got this in AutoCAD.
Maybe you should see or change the adjustment during the export

Majaa