Forum

Author Topic: Photo Exif Lat and Long in a different coordinate system than ground control  (Read 6004 times)

gpvw

• View Profile
So... I have a uav with a camera in it that marks the gps location into the exif header in lats and longs (wgs84). I collect ground control points in UTMs. When I am entering the data for my gcps I change the projection to utms and it assumes that the lats and longs stored in the photos are in utm and messes up my photo locations. Ho can I fix this? Can I set the project prjection to wgs84 and the gcp projection to utms separately?

thanks

gatsri

• View Profile
You have to convert the UAV-Coordinates into UTM befor importing the GCP.
otherwise both coordinates will be transformed, not only the UAV-Coo.

hope that helps.

gpvw

• View Profile
Is there anyway to do this in the software? Say after I import the photos and they are all showing up at their wgs84 coordinates can I convert the entire project to utms?

akemono

• View Profile
The quickest way to fix your messed up photo locations is reload a previous save.

If you however live in the real world where you don't save every second, you might have to realign the entire dataset.
However! In the Reference tab you can also uncheck all your GCP's and check all your camera's and "Optimize Camera's". This might return your camera's to their original location.

At work I also have the delight to work with 2 coordinate systems. After some searching i found that you can tell Photoscan to ignore the coordinates the camera's have and just use the GCP's. To achieve this go to the Reference pane, and disable all the camera's. Then enable all your GCP's and Optimize your camera's. This works for me.

Hope it helps you a bit.

chari

• View Profile
This could help you - before you import GCPs - in the reference pane there is function called "convert" - there you can choose coordinate system you need. After you convert coordinate system of your pictures then you can import GCPs. It should work out.

gpvw

• View Profile
thanks for the responses guys. i used what you said chari and it worked great.