Forum

Author Topic: workflow success checking?  (Read 3346 times)

thans

• View Profile
workflow success checking?
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:01:42 PM »

doc.chunk.matchPhotos(accuracy=PhotoScan.HighAccuracy, preselection=PhotoScan.NoPreselection,
                                  filter_mask=False, keypoint_limit=40000, tiepoint_limit=1000)
doc.chunk.alignCameras()
if not camera.transform:
#then not aligned
doc.chunk.buildDenseCloud(quality=PhotoScan.LowestQuality, filter=PhotoScan.MildFiltering)
doc.chunk.buildModel(surface=PhotoScan.HeightField, face_count=PhotoScan.LowFaceCount)

Basic worksteps shown above. How could I add error \ data QC checks to the match photo; build dense cloud; and build model steps? For align, it seems to work well to simply check if all photos were aligned. How to check each step for success?. These are very long running processes for my data sets and I want to cancel out or stop further processing if one of the steps isn't fully successful in data quality.  Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: workflow success checking?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
Hello thans,

I can suggest few options, for example, you can check the state of each operation like:
flag = doc.chunk.buildDenseCloud(...)
if it's True, then the operation was successful, if False - operation wasn't completed correctly.

Also you can check if chunk.denseCloud or chunk.Model do exist at all.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

thans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
what is the code to check if chunk.dense cloud or buildmodel exists? Also, existing isn't the same as the data quality of the dense cloud or model. Is there anything that can be used to determine if something goes haywire? like check each camera for the fit into the model or any metrics at all? How about altitude or positioning info? Basically, how can i determine outliers cameras\photos that didn't work well for whatever reason?  What data can i evaluate automatically,  anything besides manual visualization.  Thanks again.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:54 PM »
Hello thans,

Actually, dense cloud is generated according to the extrinsic and intrinsic camera orientation estimated during alignment/optimization, so those parameters would not be refined on the further steps.
Access to dense cloud - chunk.denseCloud, to mesh: chunk.model (if == None - no dense cloud or mesh).

You can check the number of projections for valid tie points on each image, it there are only few (like 10-20, for example), you can reset camera alignment.

Also you can check the estimated camera coordinates, if you have any criterion how to check if it is close enough to the object.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC