Forum

Author Topic: Import Depth Map into Agisoft Photoscan  (Read 4228 times)

maX!mum

• View Profile
Import Depth Map into Agisoft Photoscan
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »
Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where I want to construct virtual 3D models using the Light-Field Camera Lytro Illum and Agisoft. To use the full potential of the Illum I would like to import the Depth Map, which is created by the camera, into Photoscan. Is this possible and if yes how is it possible?

Best regards
Max

YesOk

• View Profile
Re: Import Depth Map into Agisoft Photoscan
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »
This sounds fascinating.

How precise is the Lytro depth map? If it isn't precise enough then if might be pointless. Do you you know how accurate the depth information is in relation to real world measurements?

Sorry for derailing the thread slightly?

maX!mum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:49:50 AM »
Actually the Depth Maps aren't very precise but I'm currently working on a way to improve the quality with an algorithm. I just want to know if I can use these precise Depth Maps in Agisoft or if I have to find another way to construct a 3D Model via the Depth Maps.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:58:01 AM by maX!mum »

YesOk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
I'm really sorry to derail again, but I very interested in the Lytro Illum myself and I'm wondering how you increase the accuracy. Do you shoot an object of a known length and calibrate to improve overall accuracy, or do you increase the resolution via sampling improvements. Feel free to ignore if you are under an NDA or something.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:07:12 AM by YesOk »