Forum

Author Topic: Scaling and coordinates  (Read 9801 times)

Ad

• View Profile
Scaling and coordinates
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »
A further question:

Is there any way of setting up a real world coordinate system? It seems there is only a single scale function using two points. Can absolute coordinates be set or multiple axis scaling be done?

End-User

• View Profile
Re: Scaling and coordinates
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
Is it the professional edition or standard? I did not see any scaaling feature in my standard edition? It would be great to have that, even the  simple two-point  scaling.

Ad

• View Profile
Re: Re: Scaling and coordinates
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:03:03 AM »
I'm trying the Pro edition. We need all the functionality we can get.

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling and coordinates
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
Hello Ad,

PhotoScan Pro supports setting a world coordinate system based on marker coordinates (ground control points) or camera coordinates (telemetry).

Here is the brief explanation of the steps required:

1. If ground control points are used to set the coordinate system, place several markers on the model surface. At least 3 markers are required to set the coordinate system. Marker projection on individual photos may be refined if required.

2. Prepare an XML file with surveyed ground control points coordinates or recorded camera positions. The file format is described in the "Keypoints file format (XML)" section of the PhotoScan Pro user manual.

3. Load the keypoints file using "Import Keypoints..." command from the Tools menu. The coordinate system will be intialized.

Please note that if marker positions are refined after loading the keypoints file, the coordinate system will not be automatically affected. You will need to reload the XML keypoints file to update the coordinate system.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft