Forum

Author Topic: Hasselblad?  (Read 6570 times)

bmc130

• View Profile
Hasselblad?
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:02 AM »
Have anyone tried photoscanning with Hasselblad higher range cameras? If so, are they automatically supported with photoscan, thinking about setting for lens used etc or do you need to do a an automatic calibration for those things?

bigben

• View Profile
Re: Hasselblad?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
It's no different to any other camera. Either calibrate the lens or let PS determine them in the project. I love ours, although it helps that I didn't have to pay for it. haven't used it for a photogrammetry project yet, although we are getting a camera dolly fitted out for it to photograph large fold outs from books (1x3m) which we're going to try to compile with Photoscan.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
have here dataset aroung 24 GB of data,  shoudl go without problem.. for what purpose want use Hasselblat ?
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Wishgranter

• View Profile
----------------
www.mhb.sk

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
looks awesome Milos... please post the polygon version if you can..  8)

James

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »
and very good use of newspaper!

bmc130

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Looks nice Wishgranter! Looking forward to see the mesh aswell :)

The reason I asked about the Hasselblad was mainly if anyone knows or seen much quality difference from "normal" Nikon or Canon cameras.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
the main advantage is the 16 bit color capture, and can say the imgs are "better" but not to much, if trying to  buy one, can say  its not the worth for  "standard work".  can read a lot about comparison between DSLR vs medium format camera quality...

Only if do cultural heritage or etc. Better to have  good DSLR and  PERFECT lenses ( sharpest possible ) and that all for 1/5 - 1/10 price of  medium format camera and lens... and can work more easily with the dslr cam.....

I have data even from PhaseOne ( 80 Mpix ), later when have a bit time will showcase results.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Herman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »
Hi

Another possible advantage would be that one would be able to fly higher and get greater footprint  coverage and still the same resolution. This would probably save on the amount and distance between ground control points.

Regards

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
Also handy for large format negatives.  Ran a test on some 6" negatives. H5D60 (~850dpi) and lightbox produces a cleaner mesh than Epson 10000XL (1200dpi) with a much shorter capture time.  https://skfb.ly/FrQX (vertical scale is a little off but I had no way of setting GCPs)