Forum

Author Topic: more flexible/robust/full-featured "import/export markers"  (Read 2254 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
more flexible/robust/full-featured "import/export markers"
« on: July 04, 2015, 02:52:10 AM »
I am reprocessing multiple flights and combining chunks and flights, and I've found it very tedious to edit the XML from exported markers to combine multiple markers from multiple chunks. Also it's pretty much impossible to add markers from multiple flights, even if the markers are uniquely named. I would like to be able to, for example, take an old flight with four chunks and import markers from each of the chunks into photos from that flight (image names within a camera group) without overwriting/erasing previously imported markers. I would also like to be able to export markers from two flights, and import them into a project containing both flights (with images grouped by flight date in a camera group), even if images from two different flights have the same filenames (for example only apply imported markers to enabled camera groups).

context:

I am doing an experiment where I group my images by date (create camera group) but align them together (six to 10 flights at a time), and I would like to be able to import markers from each flight, since I've already created them in a separate psz file for each flight, but each time I import a given set of markers, it overwrites previously imported markers.

This is basically the same issue I have with chunks for flights where I processed individual chunks previously. I have no problem going through the XML and creating a unique name for each marker, but I would like it if, when imported, the markers didn't overwrite previously exported markers.

I would also like it if the markers only were applied to cameras that were enabled. That would help me get around the bug where images with the same name are sometimes improperly tagged with a marker location.

Thanks for listening,

Andy