Forum

Author Topic: api differences  (Read 2699 times)

kBarra

• View Profile
api differences
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:26:41 PM »
Hi again Alexey,

I have a few questions regarding the documentation, and the implementation of various functions.

Lets start with the removal of chunk.alignPhotos() and the creation of chunk.alignCameras(). I could not find anywhere in the docs, noting the change of the function name, the closest I could see was your note in 0.9 "Revised Chunk.alignPhotos() method" are these two functions indeed the same? If so, can you make this change clearer in the documentation?

Next, the varying ways in which arguments are passed in to seemingly similar functions(methods).

When calling chunk.matchPhotos() it is required to use the accuracy=PhotoScan.HighAccuracy yet, when calling PhotoScan.alignChunks() this is not required and one can simply pass in accuracy = 'high'.

I understand these methods are found in two separate classes, and that may be the sole reason for the difference, but by having two different "workflows" it makes the ability to code without having the api documentation open at all times, difficult. As without memorizing every function's arguments, I either have to guess as to what is expected, or look it up.

I will try to continue to post to this thread with things that I find odd, but so far, that is it.

thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: api differences
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:15 AM »
Hello kBarra,

.alignPhotos() function has been replaced by .alignCameras() in 1.1.

String parameters for .alignChunks() function will be replaced by eNum arguments in the next PhotoScan update. It's a known issue, but the fix wasn't included in 1.1.6 version, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

kBarra

• View Profile
Re: api differences
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:10 PM »
sweet, glad to hear you guys are way ahead of me!