Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release  (Read 214461 times)

dcm39

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
Network Processing bug.

Hi,

I've been trying to run a big project with network processing with the beta version (am using build2158)

Nodes manage to connect to the server, but on the server end I get the following in the terminal:
accepted connection from 163.1.22.50:50684
thread started
Error: no workitem

It does let me continue though, so I tried to start a build dense cloud for the project, which it sent only to one of the nodes, and on that node the terminal displays:
registration failed: unexpected error

Within the network monitor it then continues to display "Working" and the elapsed time starts counting up, but there is no cpu usage on the node machine.

Just gone back and tried with the previous version (1.1.6) and it does seem to work without these error messages.

Lastly, I've just noticed something... when starting the server (running from the new version) it displays:
Starting network server (version 1.1.6 build 2038)
family: 2
socktype: 1
protocol: 6
family: 2
socktype: 1
protocol: 6
thread started
waiting for incoming connections...
waiting for incoming connections...

i.e. The old version number... Is this because it hasn't been updated?

Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »
Hello dcm39,

All PhotoScan instances (node, server, client) should be of the same version and build number.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dcm39

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2015, 12:39:39 PM »
Ah, quite right. It seems that the server was running build 2154, not 2158 as I had thought.

Thanks!

On a different note, on one of the machines, I'm getting the following error (in launching the client):
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40804) with this library (version 0x40807)

I can get rid of it by overriding the photoscan.sh script to force it to use the system libraries instead of the ones provided. However, the system libraries are older and don't work properly with the 3d display (only get markers, not pointcloud). It seems that although the Qt libraries are provided, it is using a system one as well?

I'm using Mageia linux, 64-bit. Running ldd | grep -i qt shows that it is correctly referencing the 4 libraries in the install directory.
Any suggestions?

dcm39

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »
Another network processing problem. I'm distributing processing onto two servers, one of which has a GPU, the other does not. I have only a single user profile on our system.
Starting the node, the one with the GPU gets the --opencl_gpu_mask 1 and the node without gets --opencl_gpu_mask 0.

With processing running (fine distribution to both machines), we get:
[CPU] estimating 238x257x96 disparity using 238x257x8u tiles, offset -52
opencl not found
processing job: BuildDenseCloud
timings: rectify: 0.015485 disparity: 0.08769 borders: 0.01633 filter: 0.02417 fill: 1e-06
[CPU] estimating 242x251x96 disparity using 242x251x8u tiles, offset -53
timings: rectify: 0.01503 disparity: 0.078616 borders: 0.009516 filter: 0.009682 fill: 0

ie. "opencl not found" errors, only on the machine without a graphics card. These errors flood back to the server, but they don't seem to affect the processing.
I suspect that this is to do with the user profile. There seems to be interference between instances run from the same user profile.

David Cockey

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »
Computer locks up when attempting to trim a mesh with 52 million faces.
No problems creating the mesh or decimating down to 5 million faces.

PhotoScan Standard Edition Version 1.2.0 build 2158 (64bit)
Windows 7
Intel i7-3770 3.40 GHz
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU 2GB memory
AMD driver 14.501.1003.0

Added:

Updated graphics driver to latest version from AMD website 15.200.1062.1004

With the large mesh the system appears to be moving data in and out of C drive which is a 100 GB SSD with 18.3 GB free. System has two other large internal drives, both of which have lots of free space.

Trimming the decimated 5 million face mesh works fine.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:28:18 PM by David Cockey »

Pascal

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2015, 05:18:46 PM »
Hello,
I encountered a problem with the last beta release, photoscan freezes (not responding during about thirty seconds) every minute regardless the action I do.
May be this is related with the lag observed (and reported ) before, but now it is really impossible to work with such issue.
All my pc is up to date (windows seven recently updated, graphic drivers too). The projects I tested are not big and during the freezes, the processor is not used. Do you have an idea?
Thanks.
Pascal

PS: after a quick reprocessing of partial set of photos no freeze was observed for the moment, does this mean that all the old calculation are to be reprocessed if some additional work is needed? I will try to re-launch a problematic chunk with the last Photoscan version, and I will let you know ....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:00:26 PM by Pascal »

giancan

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:16 PM »
Hi, is there (or will there be) the possibility to export polylines or polygones as dxf?
shapefiles are OK for maps or "top-down" view but they are not workable if you work for example with wall facades or buildings.
Thanks,
G.

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
Giancan, just import the shapefiles and export as DXF in any GIS?

mirijovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »
Hello,

Can you specify exact format for importing tiff DEM please? 16 bit or 32 bit? My experience is that Agisoft has lot of crashes after DEM import.

Best,
Jakub

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2015, 07:10:02 PM »
Hello dcm39,
On a different note, on one of the machines, I'm getting the following error (in launching the client):
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40804) with this library (version 0x40807)

I can get rid of it by overriding the photoscan.sh script to force it to use the system libraries instead of the ones provided. However, the system libraries are older and don't work properly with the 3d display (only get markers, not pointcloud). It seems that although the Qt libraries are provided, it is using a system one as well?

I'm using Mageia linux, 64-bit. Running ldd | grep -i qt shows that it is correctly referencing the 4 libraries in the install directory.
Any suggestions?

The problem may be related to the usage of Qt plugins from another Qt version. Also the problem could be caused due to the windows manager using Qt.

Unfortunately, the problem is not common and we cannot suggest good solution for the problem at the moment.

Another network processing problem. I'm distributing processing onto two servers, one of which has a GPU, the other does not. I have only a single user profile on our system.
Starting the node, the one with the GPU gets the --opencl_gpu_mask 1 and the node without gets --opencl_gpu_mask 0.

With processing running (fine distribution to both machines), we get:
[CPU] estimating 238x257x96 disparity using 238x257x8u tiles, offset -52
opencl not found
processing job: BuildDenseCloud
timings: rectify: 0.015485 disparity: 0.08769 borders: 0.01633 filter: 0.02417 fill: 1e-06
[CPU] estimating 242x251x96 disparity using 242x251x8u tiles, offset -53
timings: rectify: 0.01503 disparity: 0.078616 borders: 0.009516 filter: 0.009682 fill: 0

ie. "opencl not found" errors, only on the machine without a graphics card. These errors flood back to the server, but they don't seem to affect the processing.
I suspect that this is to do with the user profile. There seems to be interference between instances run from the same user profile.
OpenCL error may appear only if opencl_gpu_mask is not set to zero.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Computer locks up when attempting to trim a mesh with 52 million faces.
No problems creating the mesh or decimating down to 5 million faces.

PhotoScan Standard Edition Version 1.2.0 build 2158 (64bit)
Windows 7
Intel i7-3770 3.40 GHz
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU 2GB memory
AMD driver 14.501.1003.0

Added:

Updated graphics driver to latest version from AMD website 15.200.1062.1004

With the large mesh the system appears to be moving data in and out of C drive which is a 100 GB SSD with 18.3 GB free. System has two other large internal drives, both of which have lots of free space.

Trimming the decimated 5 million face mesh works fine.

Hello David,

2 GB video RAM may not be enough for visualization of high-poly models in solid/textured views. Shaded option is less resource demanding. Additionally I can suggest to switch "Enable VBO support" option in the Preferences window.
Which view option you are using?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »
Hello,
I encountered a problem with the last beta release, photoscan freezes (not responding during about thirty seconds) every minute regardless the action I do.
May be this is related with the lag observed (and reported ) before, but now it is really impossible to work with such issue.
All my pc is up to date (windows seven recently updated, graphic drivers too). The projects I tested are not big and during the freezes, the processor is not used. Do you have an idea?
Thanks.
Pascal

PS: after a quick reprocessing of partial set of photos no freeze was observed for the moment, does this mean that all the old calculation are to be reprocessed if some additional work is needed? I will try to re-launch a problematic chunk with the last Photoscan version, and I will let you know ....

Hello Pascal,

Do you have similar issues on the same projects with the version 1.1.6?
Recalculation of the old projects is not required, so I can suggest to check the system with anti-virus just for case.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
Hi, is there (or will there be) the possibility to export polylines or polygones as dxf?
shapefiles are OK for maps or "top-down" view but they are not workable if you work for example with wall facades or buildings.
Thanks,
G.
Hello giancan,

We'll try to add DXF support and also add planar projection option for DEM generation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »
Can you specify exact format for importing tiff DEM please? 16 bit or 32 bit? My experience is that Agisoft has lot of crashes after DEM import.

Best,
Jakub
Hello Jakub,

DEM should be in 32-bit floating point format TIFF file.

If you have any sample file that crashes application regularly, please send it to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »
Alexei,

for the DEM import crash problem, I get it whenever I try to import a geotiff DEM 32 bit floating point in strip orientation format.

But if I try to impotrt a DEM in Tiff tiled orientation format, I have no problem....

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor