Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release  (Read 214444 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
is there any possibility to crop the Orthomosaic in the workspace by selecting a shape before exporting / uploadimng the Orthomosaic?
Hello ristag,

You can draw a polygonal shape on the orthomosaic that will be used for the export area definition. But don't forget to specify boundary type for the polygon (select it, right-click and choose boundary type - can be either inner or outer). Export process will automatically use the shape to exclude unwanted area.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
Is it possible to export Orthomosaic with contour lines?

Hello Davis,

You can export them separately, as orthomosaic is a raster, and contours are vector data. Later you can combine them in the external application.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Helimax

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »
Hello,

I have some problems with my Python sript (build 2167) :

When it saves my project with this command :
doc.save(os.path.join(dossierProjets, dossier + ".psx"),compression = 6,absolute_paths = False)
files are correctly saved (.files and .psx) but all steps made after do not work. They seem to work because PhotoScan computing, but when he finished there is nothing in workspace and nothing in folder.

Besides, accuracy_cameras requests now 3 vectors. I suppose it's x, y and z ?
Is it the correct syntax ? : chunk.accuracy_cameras=[0.5, 0.5, 0.5]

In buildDem command on Python api, you can choise the PhotoScan.PointsSource :
Points source in [SparsePoints, DensePoints]
But can we build DEM from Mesh ?

My other problems will probably be solved with the first.

Thanks

Maxime

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »
Hello Maxime,

Camera accuracy definition seems to be correct in your example. Using different values will result in different accuracy along each axis.

To build DEM from the model you need to use PhotoScan.DataSource.ModelData as a source.

And please provide more info on the save project issue. Can it be reproduced using the commands in the Console pane one by one, or the complete script should be executed?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Porly

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Hello,

I have some questions dealing with (new) parameters in PhotoScan 1.2.0

In optimize camera alignment dialog there is p3 and p4. Are these parameters additional terms (likep1 and p2) to create an aproximated function that describes the nonsymetric distortion function?

The other thing is fit aspect (before 1.2.0). What happens if its checked or not? Is it the aspect ratio between pixel in x direction an y? My idea was that optimzing this parameter forces the adjustment to create square pixels? I havent found anything in the manual...

Gradual selection:
What does projection accuracy mean?

Any help and advice is welcome!

Thanks

Paul

gatsri

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »
Thanks alexey, the Orthophoto-export with bound works well!

Helimax

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »
Hello Maxime,

Camera accuracy definition seems to be correct in your example. Using different values will result in different accuracy along each axis.

To build DEM from the model you need to use PhotoScan.DataSource.ModelData as a source.

And please provide more info on the save project issue. Can it be reproduced using the commands in the Console pane one by one, or the complete script should be executed?

Hello Alexey,

I do not know to use the console pane one by one, I use only .py files.
Find below my script.

When I put the save command (doc.save(os.path.join(dossierProjets, dossier + ".psx"),compression = 6,absolute_paths = False)) just before aligment, all other commands work, but at the end of the process, there is nothing (see attached file "window").

When I put the save command (doc.save(os.path.join(dossierProjets, dossier + ".psx"),compression = 6,absolute_paths = False)) just before buidDem command, all commands executed before are OK but there is no Dem (see attached file "window_2")

Regards
Maxime

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:47:30 AM by Helimax »

giancan

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
He there,
it seems that in this new version the DEM (and potree as far as I can see) creation ignores any edits to the dense cloud.
If I cut part of the cloud or clean it up from undesired points and create DEM or export it as potree, what I get is the cloud before all my edits.

Cheers,
G.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »
Hello Giancan,

We were unable to reproduce the problem on the latest build of 1.2 version.
Dense cloud export saves the same points you see in the model view (providing that they are inside the bounding box).

DEM generation based on the dense cloud may interpolate the missing areas, if they are visible from at least one camera. So could you please check whether you see the results of interpolation for DEM based on the cropped dense cloud?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Unfortunately with the update build 2172 now I get an error when you run the script, something changed, you can help.

dist = calib.error(T.mulp(points[point_index].coord), proj.coord).norm() ** 2

Error =  AttributeError: matrix * vector: vector length does not match matrix row size minus 1

Thank you

giancan

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
The issue definitely shows up when exporting to potree. All points are exported from the dense cloud although I surely delete some of them from the dense cloud.
In the dem, this is more difficult to show but I will try to capture some screenshots to demonstrate it.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
Hello Diego,

In the latest build we've slightly changed the representation of the sparse cloud points via Python.
Now point.coord is a 4-dimensional vector. If the fourth element is zero, it means that the point is actually a ray (applicable for points detected for single camera station). Otherwise regular points have 1 as fourth element.
.mulp() function accepts 3-dimensional vector on input, so when working with the sparse cloud points coordinates they should be treated accordingly to the new representation.
I've sent you updated script via e-mail.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:53 PM »
I have some questions dealing with (new) parameters in PhotoScan 1.2.0

In optimize camera alignment dialog there is p3 and p4. Are these parameters additional terms (like p1 and p2) to create an aproximated function that describes the nonsymetric distortion function?

The other thing is fit aspect (before 1.2.0). What happens if its checked or not? Is it the aspect ratio between pixel in x direction an y? My idea was that optimzing this parameter forces the adjustment to create square pixels? I havent found anything in the manual...

Gradual selection:
What does projection accuracy mean?

Hello Paul,

P3 and P4 are tangential distortion coefficients with the higher degree items.

Aspect defines the relation between pixel size in x and y directions. Unchecking the aspect in the optimization dialog will keep the same ration between pixel size (and therefore between Fx and Fy).

Projection accuracy is related to the size of the matching points (that are not actually points, but some region).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »
I do not know to use the console pane one by one, I use only .py files.
Find below my script.

When I put the save command (doc.save(os.path.join(dossierProjets, dossier + ".psx"),compression = 6,absolute_paths = False)) just before aligment, all other commands work, but at the end of the process, there is nothing (see attached file "window").

When I put the save command (doc.save(os.path.join(dossierProjets, dossier + ".psx"),compression = 6,absolute_paths = False)) just before buidDem command, all commands executed before are OK but there is no Dem (see attached file "window_2")

Hello Maxime,

I think it is related to the PSX treatment. After saving the project file in PSX format it is being re-loaded to the project space both in GUI and via Python. So you need to relink chunk variable to the document. If you've assigned doc = PhotoScan.app.document, it will work when trying to access the doc variable after saving. But previously assigned variables like chunk = doc.chunk will be now pointing to the isolated chunks outside the project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Helimax

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
Thanks Alexey, it's running now  :)

Just a remark :

In PhotoScan Python Reference, for buildOrthomosaic, we can choise surface between OrthoSurfaceDem and OrthoSurfaceMesh.

It seems that neither works. (my syntax : surface=PhotoScan.OrthoSurfaceDem or surface=PhotoScan.OrthoSurfaceMesh)
error message : AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'OrthoSurfaceDem'

But if one puts nothing, it works and it takes DEM.

Maxime