Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release  (Read 214427 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.2.0 pre-release
« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
I had an older psz file that I saved as a psx. I'm trying to append a new psx to it.

hmmm... I just tried it again and it worked this time.
Hello Bill,

If you face it next time, please inform us the sequence of the steps that should be performed to reproduce it.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »
.psx file handling has greatly improved, the time it takes to open or change chunks within a psx is almost instant now, good job!

Is it still advised to save to psz before doing any changes to a project or is it possible to do more stuff in a .psx file now?
Hello sc,

PSX format is now a default format for PhotoScan Pro (although you still can save in PSZ), so you can work with it without any limitations and need to resave it in another format.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2015, 06:36:05 PM »
Hello Mohamed,

Unfortunately, without being able to reproduce the problem, we can't investigate, what's wrong. So if there is any possibility to provide the dataset for testing, we would appreciate that. Probably, you can use only a smaller area (top on the screenshots) and if there's the same issue, then you do not need to send the complete dataset.
Hi Alexey ,
Thank you for your respond!
I'm already used a small area like you said and i found the problem was solved but after i used the whole images the problem back again! so i guess its happen with big images! see snap shot! the data size is 14GB so its difficult to send it to you!
Thanks Mohamed
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:16:13 PM by tornado2011 »

pastouf

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »
Possibility to export orthomosaic from actual view  (or mode planar in old version) has disapeared?

Or it's in other option?

I want to export "orthoplan"

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »
Hello pastouf,

Current view option can be applied to mesh-based orthomosaic generation (Build Orthomosaic). It would be available in Planar projection tab. For geographic projection TopXY view will be applied by default.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

SuperNewb

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2015, 01:23:23 AM »
Hi Alexey,

I see that the "Reference Settings" dialogue has changed in the recent updates.  With the new changes, I find myself unable to lower my overall error when optimizing to GCPs.

Normally in my workflow I optimize cameras only first to remove as much scene warping as possible.  Then I uncheck all cameras and optimize to my GCPs using the default 0.005 GCP accuracy.  This always worked nicely for me but now I can not get my error down using the same method...

I also see that there are new boxes in the "optimize" dialogue.  I have played with checking and unchecking different boxes and still can not get my error down.

with my current project, I expected a 5 to 10cm average error but I can not get the error below 18cm now.

Could you explain what all the new options mean in both the "Reference Settings" and "Optimize" Dialogues?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

(Edit)  I took the GCP accuracy down to 0.0005 and after optimizing got my expected error back to normal. 
Also I see the manual has been updated to version 1.2 and covers most of my queries.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:03:03 AM by SuperNewb »

pastouf

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2015, 07:47:44 PM »
Hello pastouf,

Current view option can be applied to mesh-based orthomosaic generation (Build Orthomosaic). It would be available in Planar projection tab. For geographic projection TopXY view will be applied by default.

Many thanks,

But why build orthomosaic before export?
I don't understand why you have separate this multiple option?

For a batiment, i want export each face, so i am obliged to build orthomosaic each time.
In older version, i don't have this pb.

(sorry for my poor english)

In french :
Pourquoi avoir séparé les options de construction?
Je dois construire l'orthomosaic avant un export.
Pour un batiment ou je dois exporter chaque face, cela rajoute plusieurs calcul.
Chose qui n'était pas obligatoire dans les versions précedentes.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »
Hello pastouf,

Exporting orthomosaic option just saves already built mosaic.

So now it is not necessary to rebuild the mosaic if you wish to export it in lower resolution, save in a different file format, use different geographic projection. Also building the orthomosaic prior to export allows to review it in PhotoScan window and edit seamlines, if necessary.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Airgo

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
Hello Alexey,
I am unable to open pox files via the open dialog.
psx files are greyed out. Just psz files are not greyed.
The only way to open my projects is via the used documents commond in the file menu.
Working on Mac 10.10.5
Best,
Mathias

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
Hello Mathias,

Seems like a localization issue. We'll fix it in the next update, but currently you need to switch to English language.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ruadi

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »
I found some minor confusing documentation issues in the (amazing !) Python API build 2198:

1. (page 15,16)
buildDem(source=DensePoints,...
source (PhotoScan.DataSource)

2.  (page 16)
buildOrthomosaic(surface=OrthoSurfaceDem,....

surface (PhotoScan.DataSource)

declaration is:

class PhotoScan.DataSource
   PointCloudData, DenseCloudData, ModelData, ElevationData

=> what is "densePoints"
=> surface points to the wrong enum
=> I could not find "SparseCloudData": is "PointCloudData" == "SparseCloudData" ??

Thanks, Ruedi

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »
Hello Ruedi,

Thanks for pointing on this. We'll make the corrections in the function description.

You are right that source argument for the .buildDem() function should be either PointCloudData, DenseCloudData or ModelData whereas for .buildOrthomosaic() you can use either ModelData or ElevationData.

The meaning is the following: DEM can be generated from sparse cloud, dense cloud or mesh model, and orthomosaic can be projected on mesh model or DEM (cannot be projected on either of the point clouds).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Helimax

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2015, 01:52:03 PM »

About seamlines, is it possible to export shape (or dwg, dxf...) ?
Customers sometimes requests this.
Hello Maxime,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll probably implemet it in one of the upcoming 1.2 updates.

Hello,

More precisely , customers demand a shape giving in each attribute cell the image name.

Also, it will be great to export seamlines in order to import it in other chunk/project.

For exemple, we do RVB and NIR photos in same flight with 2 different caméras. We succeed to align all pictures in same time (1 chunk) and also generate dense cloud and DEM with mixed pictures. After, we separate RVB an NIR to generate othomosaiques. Thereafter, we have to retouch seamlines twice making sure they go to the same place betwen RVB and NIR. It take a lot of time.

Bad seamline exemple attached in false colors image (RVB and NIR mixed).

Best regards

Maxime

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I found a bug in the version 1.2.0 Build 2198, do not save me some markers, after applying markers keep the project and apparently so good, close and open the project and markers are not marked. My temporary solution was to export the markers to keep his job and then import it, but just do not save.

Regards,

Diego

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »
Hello Diego,

Please provide some additional details, you are placing marker projections?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:35:22 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC