Forum

Author Topic: Higher Marker Priority  (Read 2291 times)

jokyfoot

• View Profile
Higher Marker Priority
« on: October 27, 2015, 03:40:55 AM »
I'm trying to do some scans for a friend who took 360 degree images of things before he ever knew about this technology, so he only took about 8 images around an object on a turntable. I thought I'd go through Photoscan to see if I could get ANYTHING out of them, but it appears that I can't align them properly.

I tried it again after setting a few markers on the images, but still nothing. What really puzzled me was that, these markers were placed so exactly on pinpoint spots that the cameras should have been able to align easily based those alone. But clicking on "look through", none of the markers are in the locations they were set on the photos.

I'm guessing it's because it couldn't figure out the pixels of the images first, and them used the markers as a secondary backup to help. It would be great in situations like this, when you don't expect perfect renderings (I can fix them in zbrush) to align the cameras first based on markers, then force them to find points from those positions.