Forum

Author Topic: "Speckles" in my thermal mosaic - not sure why this is going on  (Read 2564 times)

aggieair

• View Profile
Camera: ICI 9000 Thermal Camera
640x860 pixels
AGL: 450m
16-bit stretching

We have used this camera before for TIR flights.  However, today I'm experienced some speckles in my final mosaic but not in the raw images.  Due to the TIR not working all the way to the end in Agisoft, I am importing the RGB model from this exact day/time/flight to make my TIR mosaic.  Great workaround, but these speckles are new for us.  Last year's TIR images were not put into 16-bit but rather 15-bit I think.  So a different stretching to the TIFs this year.

I've tried exporting various blending modes, enabling color correction.  These speckles are not visible on the raw TIR images.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:58:37 AM by aggieair »

aggieair

• View Profile
Re: "Speckles" in my thermal mosaic - not sure why this is going on
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
It's looking like my high density point cloud is not as clean as last year's point cloud.  I've  tried several methods to fix it up, but I think it's just what it's going to look like given my options.

Do you just accept things and move on?

Any more trouble shooting ideas?

aggieair

• View Profile
Re: "Speckles" in my thermal mosaic - not sure why this is going on
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:04:55 PM »
Maybe I'll try making a terrain model only and export that model to import into the TIR.  The raggedy point cloud of the vines translate to many of the speckles.

Just talking to myself over here!

UPDATE: using a model created from ground points only did improve the speckles.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:30:02 AM by aggieair »