Forum

Author Topic: generation of dense cloud point  (Read 3290 times)

mariojr

• View Profile
generation of dense cloud point
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:38:34 AM »
After the generation of dense cloud point, I see that some areas are above or below the correct plan of all other processed points.
How to solve this problem?

aggieair

• View Profile
Re: generation of dense cloud point
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:50:31 AM »
Do they look like "cliffs" where there are no actual cliffs?
What are your settings you are using?

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
We have had this problem when the alignment was not correct. What happens is that a cluster of cameras (for example 5 cameras) has a slightly incorrect alignment compared to the other cameras in the project (but a correct alignment compared to the cameras in the cluster). Because the alignment within this cluster of 5 cameras is correct, it still contributes points to the Dence Cloud, but they are offset compared to the rest. So parts of the dense cloud have an incorrect position, this leads to "stepping" errors in the Dense Cloud.

I am not sure how to fix this. You could try to run the alignment phase with higher settings (but when we had this issue we were already aligning at the highest possible settings. In our case it was because of slightly blurred images in the photo set).

You can also do a quick inspection of the photos using the free utility we release a while ago:

http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=4070.0

aggieair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 07:36:36 PM »
Make sure you're using Height Field in stead of Arbitrary when doing the Mesh too.  I think that helped in this one instance I showed.

mariojr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:37 AM »
Grateful for the informations.
For the job in question, I used Height Field.
I am re-processing the images of the area with the problem with the beta version and ultra alignment.
after report results.