Forum

Author Topic: 4d processing comments  (Read 3528 times)

bcoyle

• View Profile
4d processing comments
« on: August 16, 2015, 12:52:59 AM »
So I'm testing out the demo version of Photoscan Pro, a few comments as I try to work out 4d processing:

- I wish the play button turned into the pause, instead of having the pause as a second button next to play. In the Timeline.
- Large amounts of photos (1,000+), delay in loading/previewing. Maybe it's just that their preview images haven't loaded and that isn't stopping the start of processing? I haven't tested it fully. But it would be nice to get some sort of background progress graphic/animation of the loading/caching.
- When you stop camera matching, is it possible to review the progress it made? instead of canceling the whole batch? I wanted to test a 30 second capture. But I'm afraid if it only gets halfway before I run out of patience, I won't be able to stop processing and review the 15 seconds that were matched. [I also need to look at network processing to help speed that up!]
- How important is EXIF data? I'm taking video feeds and exporting them into image sequences. Would there be a downside to this?

I'll follow up as I keep tinkering

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:56:47 AM by bcoyle »

bcoyle

• View Profile
Re: 4d processing comments
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:46 AM »
Here's a dropbox folder with a few goodies from my experiments, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z5scccslzfibj28/AABz1JK3sqibicvEaQ8YkHvra?dl=0

I'm working with a set of gopro's, trying to figure out how many I'd need to get a capture. I'm not expecting anything amazing - just hoped to get enough to possibly mesh the people moving throughout a space. Processing the gopro video footage into frames isn't working - but I am able to get something from the photos from the gopros.

Not sure if doubling my setup will help, or if the quality of the cameras is just too poor to get a decent capture.

Any thoughts?

this blog post eludes more to what I'm trying to get at - http://www.quitenice.co/blog/2015/7/25/captured-virtual-reality