Forum

Author Topic: Manual point registration in pro version.  (Read 3438 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
Manual point registration in pro version.
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:46:22 AM »
Autodesk 360 can do this... You take two photos that just won't align then you manually mark up points on each that match.  We also do this with ptgui for stitching panoramas. 

If this is already a feature please point me to where in the manual I can read how to do it.  If it isn't.. why not?

Seems a no brainer to me.

MeHoo

• View Profile
Re: Manual point registration in pro version.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »
..nothing?

C'mon.. This purchase was hardly cheap, I think it warrants that feature at least.

We don't always get the luxury of placing manually printed markers around our scenes.  Think about this.. LIDAR scanning feature film sets.. they get BARELY enough time to do this, sometimes late at night (4am, etc) and photo-scanning something could improve this process, as you could shoot all day long as soon as people are out of the shot, then stitch later.  But without the ability to manually pick points between photos, your software is relatively useless for this. 

Sucks.  I'd love to see the ability to manually register points like the GCP setup, but between sets of photos.  I'd think just a few manually placed points would make failed scans successful scans.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
It's on page 11 of the manual, result 2 of 167 if you search for the word 'marker'.

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:37:08 AM »
Page fifteen in the pro manual I had but yes, THANK YOU for the help.  I'll definitely be trying this tonight.  :)