Forum

Author Topic: Automatic point cloud classification  (Read 4019 times)

RCGeo

• View Profile
Automatic point cloud classification
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:31 AM »
My study area consists of a ground surface with a lot of sage brush. I successfully used automatic point cloud classification (after messing with the parameters a lot) to separate out the two. I am left with the ground as classified (brown points) and the vegetation as not classified (silver points). My goal now is to to automatically classify the sage brush as low-lying vegetation rather than keeping it as unclassified. However, I cannot figure out how to select all of these points to do so without resetting the entire first classification.

The tutorial skips this step  of a second auto-classification and assumes you would just want to create a mesh from the ground points. I want to keep all the points and end up with a nicely classified point cloud with both ground and low lying vegetation and export that.

Any help is much appreciated.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic point cloud classification
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
Hello RCGeo,

In case in the area of interest are only unclassified points that you wish to turn to a certain class and ground points, you can select the area (both classes) then go to Tools Menu -> Dense Cloud -> Assign class dialog. And then choose Unclassified in the "From" field and Low Vegetation in the "To" field.

Is it the one you need?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

surveyor

• View Profile
Re: Automatic point cloud classification
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »
Hello Alekszej

What are the conditions "low points (noise)" classifying?

Thanks