Forum

Author Topic: Estimating surface area for subsets of multiple aligned models  (Read 1917 times)

willfig

• View Profile
Estimating surface area for subsets of multiple aligned models
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:40:57 AM »
I've an application where I want to compare the surface area of the mesh from multiple models created independently of the same scene. But I'd like to do this for multiple sub-regions within the bounds of the models. The scene is about 5 x 12 meters and ideally I'd like to just grid this up into 1m x 1m boxes, get the surface area within each box for each independent model, and then I can compare them.  I've aligned the meshes from each scene. I don't think there is a way to overlay a grid like I've described but I'm wondering if there are options to get this information by iterating over all triangles in the mesh and summing areas into spatial bins based on the spatial position within the mesh (from coordinates of the vertices).  I have some experience with Python scripting, can this be done that way from within photoscan? Or is there a way to export the data on the vertices (x,y,z positions for each one) in a text format I can read into another scripting environment (VB, Matlab...) to do the summary? Thanks for your help.

nkh1234

• View Profile
Re: Estimating surface area for subsets of multiple aligned models
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Hi there,

wondering if this was ever resolved/ how you ended up processing this data?

Cheers,
Noelle

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Estimating surface area for subsets of multiple aligned models
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
Hello Noelle,

Which task do you need to solve?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC