Forum

Author Topic: Add GPS coords to images based on PhotoScan results  (Read 3027 times)

mankoff

• View Profile
    • Home Page
Add GPS coords to images based on PhotoScan results
« on: September 12, 2015, 12:44:29 AM »
I have a bunch of images of a fairly self-similar surface, w/o GPS coordinates and few tie points. Lets say ~50 images.

If I try to reconstruct the scene with all 50, it does not work. If I do it with only 25, it works much better.

Would it be possible to do it with 25, apply the derived coordinates to each image, do it again with the other 25, apply those, and then perhaps if I do it with all 50, with the help of the "known" image location, it would work, and I would get a higher quality scan than if I only use 25.

Is it possible to take the PhotoScan-derived GPS coordinates and apply them to the image EXIF data? Is this something I need to do manually w/ a script, or is there some feature in PhotoScan that supports this?

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Add GPS coords to images based on PhotoScan results
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 02:55:47 AM »
Hello mankoff,

for each set of aligned photos you can use Tools/Export cameras with Omega Phi kappa format. This will create a text file with Photo Id, X, Y, X, Omega, Phi , Kappa for each image.

Then these files can be imported in reference pane for whole set of 50 pictures...

Maybe this can be useful....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor