Forum

Author Topic: Aligning and merging chunks from aerial and terrestrial photos  (Read 3388 times)

zsoooc

• View Profile
Aligning and merging chunks from aerial and terrestrial photos
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
I would like to survey a building (full 360 degrees 3D model from the building with the walls) using aerial (from drone) and terrestrial photos. I used a Nikon D3200 camera. The camera parameters and settings was the same.  I made much photos (vertical and oblique about 30 degrees) with the drone and also from the ground. It wasn't possible to make photos from 2 side walls from the drone (there are trees near the two walls). Now, I have GCPs from the ground, but I can place these markers only on the aerial photos (I can't survey with GPS on the walls).

Do you have any suggestions how to merge these chunks (the aerial and the terrestrial)?

JCALC

• View Profile
Re: Aligning and merging chunks from aerial and terrestrial photos
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:25:23 AM »
HI There

Did you have any luck with this process? I am interested as I would like to do the same?

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: Aligning and merging chunks from aerial and terrestrial photos
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
hi
wy would you process them seperatly i wouzld say try process all the images with one chuck and they should allign just fine by expirence
i was able to allign different scans in one file even from different years and different cameras
frank also try to get some GCP on the sides by total station or theodolith since your accuracy will be much better if you dont have the gcp only on the ground
frank