Forum

Author Topic: Laser - GPS - Photogrametry ( precision )  (Read 5502 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Laser - GPS - Photogrametry ( precision )
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
Hello all interesting article about precision - who is the winner before you read ?  :D

http://www.sparpointgroup.com/News/Vol10No18-Will-photogrammetry-make-laser-scanning-obsolete-/
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
Re: Laser - GPS - Photogrametry ( precision )
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »
"...URC Ventures, whose software technology that can turn tens of thousands of photographs into a two-billion-point cloud overnight..."

Well, if that software is so great, why doesn't their web-page show any examples or how the software works. All of the solutions mentioned there are, in my opinion inferior to photoscan. But I think I am being biased :)

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
"...URC Ventures, whose software technology that can turn tens of thousands of photographs into a two-billion-point cloud overnight..."

Well, if that software is so great, why doesn't their web-page show any examples or how the software works. All of the solutions mentioned there are, in my opinion inferior to photoscan. But I think I am being biased :)

hehe you're right.. :)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
Me tooo :-)

but i was i contact with one UNI about a year back with solution that is mentioned there, will dig for that contact if they can show on our data what is possible..... will inform you....

But as they mentioned for photogrametry there is need for a lot of practical knowlege....

im curently experimenting with how photos are good for best outputs, and it seems that with lot of photos accuracy go down - when you understand principles of Multiview photogrametry then is it expected.... and as i mentioned earlier we have outputs from whitelight device for comparations.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk