Forum

Author Topic: problem with paths  (Read 5494 times)

Pascal

• View Profile
problem with paths
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
Hello,
I encountered a problem with image path, if for some reasons some images of a project have wrong path, affecting the correct path to all the images doesn't not work. The wrong path remains even if you have affected the correct path to all the camera and you have to affect individually the path ... this work but can be totally boring when you have hundred of photos.
I think it is a problem with photoscan, but if you have a temporary solution I am interested.
Thanks.
Pascal

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: problem with paths
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »
Hello Pascal,

Change path feature is cases sensitive. Is it possible that the extension of the files have changed, for example, from .jpg to .JPG?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Pascal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
Hi Alexey,
all my images have the same extension and now are in the same location (as some has been moved they appear with a wrong location), the problem appears when we select both images with good and wrong path (in fact all the photos to go faster) and when we try to affect the correct path to all the selection.
Thanks.
Pascal

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 12:57:37 PM »
Hello Pascal,

If the original images were in different folders and now they are merged to the same location, you need to apply the paths change to the selected groups of cameras and not to all at once.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 02:24:40 PM »
We've had this happen a couple of times as well. Sometimes we go into the psz file and edit the xml in a text editor and change the paths there

Pascal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 03:56:27 PM »
thank you CC for this tip, Alexey, I do not understand your proposal, If I am not mistaken, putting the camera in a group doesn't offer the possibility of changing the path for a group, and we have again to manually select the photos to group them ,the problem remains the same I think. The images was already aligned (several days of process) so we would like not to redo the entire process.
This is not an isolate case, as we have often to complete dense clouds (whole or alignment problems) and that we want to keep our new images in separate folders we use several path but at the end we reassemble all the photos together.
Sometime the new images are easily selectable because their number are different but in this case they are perfectly mixed.
May be you can do something to simplify our live here.
Thank you.
Pascal

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
Hello Pascal,

Change Path operation can be applied to one camera, selected cameras, all cameras in the chunk and the whole project.

So if you originally had images in folders "A\" and "B\", but then put all of them to "C\", then using Change Path option for the camera from the first subset will correct path only for this subset, and not for the second. It means that you need to select all cameras from each subset and apply the path correction individually. Using camera groups in the Workspace pane may help if the camera labels are similar and can be mixed on the manual selection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Pascal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
Alexey,
thank you, I am very sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding, we have only one subset in photoscan pointing in several folders in windows, we merged the folder in windows, so we get wrong path in photoscan for some images.
Selecting all the camera in photoscan and change the path doesn't not apply the correct path for all the photos, some path remains unchanged that it is not normal I think (selecting the unchanged camera individually and changing the path works but it is very long). Excuse my English, and thank you for your patience, but we still think that it is a problem in photoscan.
Thanks.
Pascal