Forum

Author Topic: New to Photoscan, in need of help !  (Read 10876 times)

ihabali

• View Profile
Re: New to Photoscan, in need of help !
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »
It would be great if you could post the conclusions back to this thread, I too am new to PS and while I'm getting ok results, they are not as perfect as some of the stuff I've seen out there although I'm trying to follow the rules from the manual as much as possible.

Arie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »
Many threads end with "Send me an email"... that's actually ashame.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
Arie why you think  its shame to get indirect contact with person ? as many times the content of their work is not for general discussionm so im offering  direct  communication for the people. So im offering my private time to help them out.....

Or why you think its not good ? clarify me on you standing for this sort of stuff....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Arie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Wishgranter,
mainly because I find the different problems people encounter quite interesting and it does benefit the community alot, when possible solutions are posted and discussed.

It's very nice of you to spend your private time helping the people, but think about it, when doing it publicly alot more people might benefit from your knowledge and not just a single person via email.

And if someone is working on a top secret project, he/she can describe the problem in detail and does not have to post pictures. Or maybe then just contact Agisoft support.
Cheers.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »
Arie how long are you here on this forum ? im here already few years, so im working with the "reflections" from past and know that private discussion is mostly the best solution to move ahead.

and im not willing put everything on forum, in not interested to give some "secrets" to the general public, and when im start to discuss  technical issues with people, later we become friends, as its more private discussion about stuff related not only to photogrammetry. 
----------------
www.mhb.sk

SaussageDog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »
Hi, apologies I've not replied sooner. I'll be sure to update the thread once I have got some results and will post screenshots. I've only just noticed all these replies as have been busy working on other areas of my degree, I have assignments due in :)
Thanks again Wishgranter for your offer of help, it's much appreciated and I'll let you know if / when I come across problems as soon as I have been back to the museum and taken my pictures and processed them.

I was looking at my previous photos and I think my main problem was reflective surfaces, so this time I'll be looking at taking images of items made of wood or stone.

Cheers  :)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:56:05 PM by SaussageDog »

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 01:29:59 AM »
SaussageDog = OK   8) 

----------------
www.mhb.sk