Forum

Author Topic: Running Scripts in PhotoScan Pro [RESOLVED]  (Read 7113 times)

IanManning

• View Profile
Running Scripts in PhotoScan Pro [RESOLVED]
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »
I had a hyphen in the script name rather than an underscore. Once script name was corrected, the custom menu item appeared to the left of the Help button in the PhotoScan bar as described by SC. Thanks for your help

Hi everyone, Ian here. I'm trying to run a script from the PhotoScan wiki to automate the process of chunking a project.

The script in question is here: http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Split_in_chunks.py

I copied and pasted the script from the wiki page, on to my local drive (as per instructions I searched out on this forum). Specifically C:/User:/Me/AppData/Local/Agisoft/PhotoScan Pro/scripts

From reading the scripts comments and posts on this forum, I'm led to believe that this script creates a custom menu item. I'm sure this is probably a super obvious question, but what exactly is a custom menu item and where can I find/access it?

I've scoured the forum and PhotoScan documentation, but can't seem to find a solution. If it's posted somewhere, could someone please link to the topic? If not, could someone with experience running the wiki scripts with AgiSoft Pro could outline a general workflow for running scripts.

Thanks a million,
Ian
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:48:32 PM by IanManning »

sc

• View Profile
Re: Help Request: Running Scripts in PhotoScan Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
you should get a dropdown menu to the right from the help dropdown named custom
try putting it in the installation folder and not in appdata

IanManning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »
SC,

Thank you for your help. I've had a look, but can't seem to find an Install folder. In your case, is the Install folder under the same root as AppData? I've had a go through my ProgramFiles folder for PhotoScan, but can't see an install folder in there either.

I should have mentioned I'm running Windows.

Thank you,
Ian

sc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
You can right click the Photoscan icon on the desktop or from the start menu and select 'open file location'.
For me it's installed under 'C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro' I guess if you are using the 32 bit version it will be under C:\Program Files (x86). Anyway this isn't hard to figure out, it also depends on what version of windows you are using :)

IanManning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:40:09 PM »
You can right click the Photoscan icon on the desktop or from the start menu and select 'open file location'.
For me it's installed under 'C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro' I guess if you are using the 32 bit version it will be under C:\Program Files (x86). Anyway this isn't hard to figure out, it also depends on what version of windows you are using :)

Thank you! I ended up getting it to work. I still couldn't find an install folder, however I realized my mistake. I had a hyphen in the script name rather than an underscore, I hadn't realized hyphens were a no-no in .py script names. Once I realized that, I put it in the App data folder and it was able to work. Thank you for taking the time to help me.