Forum

Author Topic: Black spots  (Read 7571 times)

Shade3

• View Profile
Black spots
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
Hello. I couldnt figure it out how to get rid of this black spots from my model.
Its still there after texturing.
There is more when i have more polygons. There is less when i have couple thousand polygon.
Its there for every model and multiple of them.
I have tried selecting default polygon count for dense cloud.
I clicked tools - mesh statistics and everything looks fine. No duplicate face or degnerated face.

Check image 1 for mesh - image 2 for with texture.

Any ideas or why that might be happening?

Kaja

• View Profile
Re: Black spots
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »
Have you tried Tools -> Mesh -> Close Holes?

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Have you tried Tools -> Mesh -> Close Holes?
It didnt do anything.

Kaja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »
I assumed these were missing triangles, but apparently it's texture. Try building texture with different settings. For example another mapping mode or a higher texture size. Don't know if it's going to help but that's what I would do

Kaja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
But actually, it can't be texture problem if the spots were there even before applying texture... maybe it's just a display error? Because Close Holes function usually works fine when it comes to missing triangles (have you set it to 100%?)

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »
Its isnt about texture. It was there before i apply texture.
It says connected component 1. i guess it means whole mesh is connected.
I imported to a 3d modelling software and it looks like polygons are sticking from one to another. And they are so close it looks like black spot. I dont know if this is it. I moved polygon back from an inside of another face and it looks ok.
It doesnt connect to the border of closest face instead its making more polygon and goes under of face its suppose to connect. And it sticks out or makes duplicate area or something. Then it looks black.
Last picture is from same model but diffrent area.

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »
btw all black spots looks the same triangle pattern that looks like the pictures above.
I have it on all of my models and they look the same.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
Is this the same problem you were having back here in June?: http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=3967.msg20557#msg20557

Have you tried another PC, as it does seem like it's only you having the problem  ;D

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
Is this the same problem you were having back here in June?: http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=3967.msg20557#msg20557

Have you tried another PC, as it does seem like it's only you having the problem  ;D
Yes. I stopped using PS. now i need to make couple of models again. And this keeps happening. i will try new pc and see whats up.

Kaja

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
One last idea that comes to my mind is to try building (arbitrary) mesh with extrapolation (in advanced mesh settings). Not sure if it's going to change anything in your model. Have you updated PS recently?

sc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »
You have the mesh open in a third party modeling program there? why not clean up the mesh manually then?

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
You have the mesh open in a third party modeling program there? why not clean up the mesh manually then?
i can do that for 2000 polygon models but 1 million poly models prob have 90000 of them. how am i suppose to do it by hand.

Shade3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »
One last idea that comes to my mind is to try building (arbitrary) mesh with extrapolation (in advanced mesh settings). Not sure if it's going to change anything in your model. Have you updated PS recently?
I tried. same black spot is there. Im on version 1.1.6 build 2038. I dont know if its the latest version but it says there is no new update.

Kaja

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »
Sorry Shade3, I don't know how to help here. I've never had such problem