Forum

Author Topic: camera doesn't match the object  (Read 3418 times)

minimax

• View Profile
camera doesn't match the object
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:02 AM »
Hey folks,

i´m new to PS and try to understand the workflow of this phantastic piece of software!

so with the help of some tuts i was able to create some meshes as well as textures without any issues. Everything just works fine expect of one point. My idea is to rework the textures in 3rd party tools (in my case cinema 4d) using camera projection method. When I export the fbx and open it in cinema 4d all the cameras slightly don´t fit to the mesh. It seems the cameras have to be rotatet (something like 0.3° P and  0.1°H) so the projection fits again (it´s not the focal length issue, I guess). Is this kind behaviour  usual, or do I miss some steps while exporting or aligning the cameras?

to my setup and steps i did:

I used to shoot on a turntable, then aligning the photos, creating the dense cloud/mesh/texture and exporting as fbx. 

here is an exampel of one of the camera views in cinema 4d. I hope you get the point. Red part is the mesh and behind it is how the projection would work. The proportion of the screen are the same as the photo.

hope you guys have some tips!

James

• View Profile
Re: camera doesn't match the object
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:38:33 AM »
You need to export undistorted images (in tools menu) and use those for the projection

minimax

• View Profile
Re: camera doesn't match the object
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
Perfect! You made my day  :D