Forum

Author Topic: aligning face and body chunk  (Read 4015 times)

Hacksaw

• View Profile
aligning face and body chunk
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »
So I have two sets of data processed in two separate chunks.  One full body and a second higher resolution head. 

I want to be able to both rotate the model so that its correctly orientated in world space AND align the chunks.  It appears I can only do one or the other. 

If I first rotate the model I lose that rotation as soon as I align the chunks.  And once aligned the option to rotate the model is gone.  I hoped that it didn't matter and I could later merge the chunks together forming a single chunk...and then rotate that model, but the option is to rotate is still not available.

It would be really nice to be able to both have the chunks aligned and control their world orientation...anyone have ideas on how to solve?

Thanks

Hacksaw

• View Profile
Re: aligning face and body chunk
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:01:56 PM »
I seem to have found a workaround.  After I merge the processed chunks together I can then reset transform on just that chunk and then rotate that chunk to orientate it to the world.

It would be much nicer however to be able to rotate and set a "master" chunk...and then when you run the align chunks command all other chunks are aligned to the "master" thus all snap into proper world alignment.

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
Re: aligning face and body chunk
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 04:41:12 PM »
When you use the align chunk function, the 'master' chunk is the active one before you use the function.
The active chunk is shown in bold in the workspace and in the align chunks window.
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau