Forum

Author Topic: Photoscan 1.2.0 workflow question (it just take longer time, more steps ?)  (Read 2792 times)

andrekje

• View Profile
In current release version:
After creating dense pointcload, mesh  - I just go to export , and I am able to export til .las , dem, ortho.  ech step takes time..

with 1.2.0
After creating dense pointcload, mesh   .. I cannot export anything,
.NEW:.need to go to workflow and create dem and ortho (two longer prodcesses)- save psx,  (also longer)
only then can I export to ortho,dem,las ..

The new steps does seem to me to be extra steps, taking more time, I do not understand why I need to do them ?

Actually - I can open a psz project using 1.6.x , then just export
The same project opened in 1.2.0 requires the extra new steps, before export.

Please explain what is going on, and why it's needed.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Photoscan 1.2.0 workflow question (it just take longer time, more steps ?)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »
Hello andrekje,

PhotoScan 1.2 provides additional DEM-based measurement tools and some orthomosaic based operations, like seam line editing and raster calculation that requires DEM and orthomosaic to be present, as they are displayed in PhotoScan window.
Also export operation now can be performed in different resolutions and geographic projections much faster, as it doesn't require the whole mosaic to be created each time from scratch.

Please also note that DEM can be generated based on the dense cloud, so you don't need to create mesh model prior to orthomosaic, DEM generation in case of aerial survey projects.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andrekje

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
So , would you say the total amount of CPU time spent for orthophotos + DEM is about the same, just differently distributed among processes ?
Also, you mention measurement - I would love to see a simple ruler/option to measure distance/area. abilityto actally see elavation(numbers) , like in mouseover, in Photoscan  - also

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 05:10:05 PM »
Hello andrekje,

Measurements can be performed on a DEM (after building DEM you need to open it in the Ortho view but double-clicking on the DEM label in the Workspace pane). Then drawing instruments would be available for coordinate, linear, area and volume measurements (Draw Point, Draw Polyline, Draw Polygon instruments) by right-clicking on the drawn shape.
Also you can see XYZ coordinates under the mouse cursor in the bottom-right corner of the application window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC