Forum

Author Topic: UAV compact camera  (Read 2650 times)

mrlc

• View Profile
UAV compact camera
« on: November 13, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
Hi everybody,
i'm searching a compact camera for my UAV. I'm undecided for a Canon Powershot G9 X or a Sony DSC-RX100 III. I'm opting for the Canon because is lighter (it' a important factor for my case). It's a good choice? Any suggestion?

Thank you

stihl

• View Profile
Re: UAV compact camera
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
Seriously wondering what this post has to do with Photoscan specific questions...

My suggestion is to hire both camera's and do some tests with both and choose the one you find the easiest to use/best results etc etc.

Dave Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
mrlc - I don't know either of those cameras, but if you're taking images for use in PhotoScan three aspects I would suggest investigating are (i) triggering the camera automatically from your UAV's flight controller or some other way that you can record the information to accurately geo-tag each image, (ii) can you lock the camera on a fixed white balance, and (iii) can you lock the camera focus at infinity to stop auto-focus hunting.

Dave

jooles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »
Hello,

not exactly in the topic but I'm looking for an hybrid full frame camera for my UAVs.
I think of the Sony A7 or A7R. Does anyone know if the very high resolution of the latest (36Mpix) causes problem with drone vibrations?

Thanks,
Jules