Forum

Author Topic: Is there a way to choose which photos to use in ortho mosaic?  (Read 5166 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
I am using a few hundred aerials to generate a DSM. I've been including the photos with blur because (1) it's more time consuming to weed them out and (2) it seems like it doesn't affect the DSM results.

But when I generate the ortho, I am finding that some of the important areas get blurry photos (and/or photos from a higher-elevation pass with less detail).

Is there a way to specify which photos are used in the mosaic? If I could check and uncheck photos that would be useful. What I would love though is to be able to assign a priority. Often the lower quality/higher pass/blurry areas fill in important areas where blurry data is better than no data, but the higher resolution high quality data would look much better.

On a related  note, does anyone know about how I can assign a "blurriness index" to images to easily identify which ones are blurry?

Thanks for making PhotoScan Pro. I love it. :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:15:47 AM by andyroo »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to choose which photos to use in ortho mosaic?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
Hello andyroo,

During the export orthophoto process PhotoScan takes into account only enabled photos and unmasked areas, so it you wish some photos not to be used for orthophoto generation it is necessary to:
- mask unwanted areas on photos,
- disable unwanted photos,
- remove photos from chunk (but this option is too drastic.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way to choose which photos to use in ortho mosaic?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »
Thank you Alexey, disabling the blurry photos worked great. I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to organize them in a "preferred" hierarchy so I could send the blurry ones to the back, so they were only used where no other imagery was available, but I realized I can do this myself by exporting multiple images, then mosaicing them in GIS.