Forum

Author Topic: Import region features  (Read 2418 times)

Stefano

• View Profile
Import region features
« on: November 23, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »
Dear masters,
I am facing a problem with my models: I am generatind a DEM of my study plot at different times (07.00, 09.00, 11.00) in order to find out differences in elevations from 07.00 to 09.00 for example. The problem is that i get unreal elevation data in the DEMs, so I wonder if it is possible that the orientation and the tilt of the region change between a model and the next one (I took pictures at the same positions but manually). Supposing that no changes occurred in my plot, is it possible that a diverse orientated/tilted region generates different elevation values per each cell? And to solve this problem, is it possible to import the same orientation/tilt of one region in each model?
I thank you in advance for your attention,
Stefano   

gatsri

• View Profile
Re: Import region features
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:01:35 PM »
Hi Stefano.

I think you need markers to comare the different DEM's.
with that, your DEM is every time on the same place with the same size...
hope that helps.

Stefano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:31:54 PM »
Hi ristag,
I have small toothpicks as markers of which i know distances, coordinates and heights (5 cm each) but no elevations. I could give a casual elevation value for one of them since I am interested not in absolute values but in elevation changes. Do you think I will obtain deduced elevations for the other markers in this way? If yes, may I use those elevations (obtained from the first model) for the following models so that I will get reliable DEMs?
Thank you again,
Stefano

gatsri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »
I think you should use at least 3 markers with high. so you can define a plane (vithout tilting)...
and yes, you can use the hight from your first scan. but these should not change in the other modells.