Forum

Author Topic: Size of Marker ID text  (Read 6276 times)

SimonBrown

• View Profile
    • AccuPixel Ltd - Dealer and Training Centre
Size of Marker ID text
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:16:34 PM »
When using Photoscan Professional -> Tools -> Markers -> Print Markers.

Relative to each printed Marker there is a number that can be used to ID the marker. Relative to the printed marker, the printed number is quite small.

Would it be possible to allow users to set a preference that controls the size of the text printed alongside the marker?
Agisoft endorsed online Metashape training - see: https://accupixel.co.uk/metashape-training-courses

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Size of Marker ID text
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
I would thank that too... bold type may be just enough.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
Hello Simon,

And what's the reason of having large target label?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:42:00 AM »
I find labels hardly readable in some projects when the sparse cloud colours create a confusing background... even more needed if your set model pane background colour to black. It could be great if you just allowed bold type or the label had an outer white contour or a switchable shape behind...

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
Hello José,

Thanks for clarification, but it seems quite different from Simon's request, as he meant the font size of the printed coded targets.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 11:56:08 AM »
You are absolutely right my request had nothing to do with Simon's  :-[ ...I should have read more carefully but original subject should have been related to targets not to markers ID. Sorry, Alexey.
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:59:40 AM by JMR »

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »
Hello,
I would like to suggest one more thing about printed markers. I'm actually referring to the version 1.1.6 as I've not tried to do it on the 1.2.0, and I don't know if it has been changed in the new version. However...one of the most annoying thing is the limit of markers printed per single sheet: always SIX, whatever point size I choose. It's extremely paper consuming, it would be better to optimize the number of printed markersize based on the chosen marker size and paper size.

Thanks

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
Print markers
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
I use the print marker function from time to time and I am quite happy with it, with the exception of a couple of things. It would be nice if the size of the number next to the fiducial could be made large enough (without having to do it manually post-export) so that it can be read at a longer distance. it would also be nice to have the software automatically distribute a best-fit number of markers based on size per page. Printing out a sheet of six markers with 1 mm center point wastes a lot of material, and if I want huge markers they would be on top of each other without warning (see attachment)

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »
Kjellis85,

You are able to print from 1 to 6 targets per page, so that you may have no more problems to print "25mm.PNG" targets.
And if you really want small targets, you may be able to export bigger ones from PhotoScan and then print them on A5 paper format, or smaller.

Regards
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
Yoann,

I am fully aware of the functionality of the markers as they are today, but as I tried to explain, what I want is an automated feature that scales the numbers of markers to a set page-size based on marker size. That way I could say "print 5 mm markers on a4" and get x number of markers per page, instead of the limits of 1-6 per page as is today.