Forum

Author Topic: Export calibration question  (Read 5716 times)

kboruff

• View Profile
Export calibration question
« on: November 27, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
Hello,

I've followed the steps for calibrating my zoom lens. I took multiple photos at different focal lengths. It appears that the system was able to calibrate and identify the grid as expected. It also shows the different focal lengths for my lens correctly. When I choose Export Calibration it gives me a window that I need to enter a focal length into. I'm trying to find what this corresponds too, as I haven't been able to find information in any tutorials or in the manual. Since I'm dealing with a zoom lens, it has many different focal lengths. What is the best way to export the model for use in a Photoscan session or even with something like PFTrack, After Effects, etc?

Thanks,
Kris

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export calibration question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:15:52 AM »
Hello Kris,

Calibration file contain information for the single focal length only. It cannot be interpolated accross all the possible values of focal length for the zoom lens.

So each focal length should be calibrated individually, however, it might be problematic, unless you are using the tape to fix the lens or are using min or max zoom positions.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC