Forum

Author Topic: Generate true orthophoto from Agisoft  (Read 8807 times)

shlulja

• View Profile
Generate true orthophoto from Agisoft
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »
Im trying to generate orthophoto (mosaic) but when i export them roofs, objects, are not true, they are like stitched on the mesh. I want to generate a true orthophoto with real images taken, sharp roof and other objects, not deformed and not sharped roofs.

Is there anyway to use real photo while generating orthophoto (mosaic)? Attached is the fragment of original photo and the fragment of the exported one with the objects being deformed.

pastouf

• View Profile
Re: Generate true orthophoto from Agisoft
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 07:50:13 PM »
this is the pb with agisoft.

in pix4d, there is an option to choose good image for export.

But in photoscan, i don't find this.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
It is possible to edit the seamlines after building the orthomosaic and opening it in the Ortho view.

The procedure of the seamline editing is described in the end of the Chapter 6 of PhotoScan Pro 1.2 manual:
http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/photoscan-pro_1_2_en.pdf
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Geo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:01:24 AM »
Thank you Alexey for identifying the seamline editing link.  I read the section in the manual, however, I am having trouble finding the tools mentioned.   Firstly, you mention open in the "Ortho View" in your forum note above.  I am not sure what you mean by ortho view toolbar.  I do not seem to see the "Seamlines" button in the normal Toolbar menu?  Maybe I am missing where you get to "Ortho View".  This is quite important to me to master as my sites often have vertical man-made surfaces.  In order to try to map these portions, I take  a standard set of forward overlapping (80%)/Side-lapping (60%) photos and a second set of oblique images in a cross-convergent pattern at a 20 degree tilt from the nadir and also some oblique orbit photos to attain a good set of imagery to map these surfaces.  I would like to maximize the result of the orthophoto.  Thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
Hello Geo,

You can switch to Ortho view mode (it is not orthographic view of the Model) after building DEM or Orthomosiac, just double-click on their label in the Workspace pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Geo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:52 PM »
This is very impressive.  I commend you on this enhancement and the tool is very functional and visual and flexible.  It must have been a great deal of work to create this.

I would like to point out that the update version message is not functioning properly.  I look at my version of Agisoft Photoscan Pro and it tells me I have the latest version which was not version 2.  This is why I initially could not find the tool.