Forum

Author Topic: Bounding box rotation.  (Read 2942 times)

jrp

• View Profile
Bounding box rotation.
« on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:12 AM »
This may be covered elsewhere, but I suspect but part of my problem is terminology, so I don't really know what I'm searching for.

I have successfully got a local coordinate space set up and have cameras, scale bars and GCPs set up so that my building looks level when I press 1,2 or 3. This suggests that things are starting to work properly and that I'm starting to understand some of it.

I now have an arbitrarily lop sided "region" which I seem to have to rotate using a mouse until it surrounds the scene. questions:

What does it actually do?

Does it need to be level with respect to the model?

What are the effects of it not being level? I understand it has significant effects on height fields, though I'm not using height fields for this project.

How do I get it level (eyeing it in isn't good enough for me if it will affect the "levelness" of the finished product)?

The only way I can see to control its rotation numerically seems to be via Python, suggesting that either it doesn't matter (not likely) or I've missed something.

"Reset Region" appears to set it back to it's original lopsided, and almost perfectly upside down state.

Thanks,
JRP

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
Re: Bounding box rotation.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:25 AM »
There is a script for aligning the bounding box to the coordinate system. Here is a link to it and some other useful scripts:

http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Python

You can resize the bounding box to restrict the area that is processed.
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

jrp

• View Profile
Re: Bounding box rotation.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:16:08 PM »
Excellent, that's very useful.

The other part of the question remains unanswered though: what does this bounding box actually do though, if it is at an angle, does it actually affect anything other than determining which areas get processed?

How is it generated in the first place? it must have been a lot of work to create it in such a way that it isn't parallel to the local coordinates.