Forum

Author Topic: DEM generation mesh based using more than mesh  (Read 3255 times)

frank.stremke

• View Profile
DEM generation mesh based using more than mesh
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:33:42 AM »
hi everyone
still getting used to the new version... i was just ceating a bunc of dem's and told photoscan to use the Mesh to do so
works good but the resulting dem is much larger than my mesh which i cut quite a lot
the dem looks like it is using the initial mesh extend but not its data and conects my cut core mesh to this extends which looks awfull
i was trying to deactivate theinterpolation extrapolation but it is grayed out ...
any advice, in the old version only a dem of the remaining object was created...
frank

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: DEM generation mesh based using more than mesh
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
this is realy weird now
it seams that from this project i can not get propper cut exports anymore.
i have created the model in the old version saved it in the new. i have a nice textured modl exactly of the area i need then i create a DEM using the mesh in the options and it turns out to create a mesh off the whole orginal model.
i dont realy know what is going on here?!
frank
p.s. this is the case for all exports so DEM and ortho however model exort and also the reports are fine and show the correct extend

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »
Hi
Yes its too odd but the best solution now to Draw polygon around your interested area and set it as inner boundary!
Thanks

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
i was considering this as well but i spend about a week cutting all the models in my chunks .
at least i found out if i create orthomosaik based on the mesh and not the dem it works. so i can export my orthos just the dem's are messed up now.
anyone have a similar problem i createt one of the models in a fresh file and it worked fine must have something to do with the import of old file into the new program version

frank

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »
Hello all,

As I've mentioned it in another thread (http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=4745.0) disabled interpolation for DEM from mesh generation will be available in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC